TT flat bottom wheel for sale

Good spot although I guess by the time international shipping is added it's not going to be that much cheaper than buying from the uk?

J.

The quote I got for the DSG version in the UK was £800 including the airbag.

Can't remember if that was multifunction or not, but it was a MkII TT FBW with DSG.

I was tempted.

Paul

How much wiring in would be needed for the multi function part to work?

I mean would it just be the dealer who could do it? ( rip you off )

Or could Awesome or a good auto electrician do it?

p

phantom said:
How much wiring in would be needed for the multi function part to work?

I mean would it just be the dealer who could do it? ( rip you off )

Or could Awesome or a good auto electrician do it?

p

You'll need a mini loom to connect the wheel buttons to the steering ECU, it's around £18. You may also need a new steering ECU if you don't have cruise installed, this I believe is in the region of £100. A vagcom session will also be required. There's no harm in asking Awsome for a price, anyone who is familiar with retrofitting cruise should be able to do this.

HTH

JohnS3 said:
You'll need a mini loom to connect the wheel buttons to the steering ECU, it's around £18. You may also need a new steering ECU if you don't have cruise installed, this I believe is in the region of £100. A vagcom session will also be required. There's no harm in asking Awsome for a price, anyone who is familiar with retrofitting cruise should be able to do this.

HTH

I don't have cruise , but i do have the phone prep , would that make a difference? if i got a wheel that doesn't have cruise on it, would it just be the same, a straight swap? or do you have to have cruise for it to work?

Thanks

p

phantom said:
I don't have cruise , but i do have the phone prep , would that make a difference? if i got a wheel that doesn't have cruise on it, would it just be the same, a straight swap? or do you have to have cruise for it to work?

Thanks

p

I'm not familiar with the spec of your car. Do you have MFSW already? (I guess so as the phone prep isn't much good without it!) If so just swop the wheel and the airbag and you're good to go!! No cruise or MFSW then most likely you'll need the new steering ECU.

JohnS3 said:
I'm not familiar with the spec of your car. Do you have MFSW already? (I guess so as the phone prep isn't much good without it!) If so just swop the wheel and the airbag and you're good to go!! No cruise or MFSW then most likely you'll need the new steering ECU.

Cheers mate, sorry i wasn't very clear in the last post!

Yes i have a MFSW , with the phone prep+stereo control, i don't have cruise!

I'd like a FBMFSW , still with the phone prep and stereo control.

What sort of price are we looking at?

Wheres the best place to get the FBMFSW + air bag?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

p

phantom said:
What sort of price are we looking at?

Wheres the best place to get the FBMFSW + air bag?

Price? anywhere from £400 upwards. Some members have bought them from ebay, dealer prices are around £500 for the airbag and the same for the wheel.

Ebay def!

Unless you have money to burn, like John says it will be neerly a grand from the delaer.

e bay!

Check www.ebay.de and search on "audi lenkrad" thats german for steering wheel and you will find plenty, I got mine from there, brand new inc airbag and shipped to the uk within a week for the small sum of £345!

Who says the UK dealers rip you off.....

A friend of mine is selling a new audi FBW with airbag for i think £450

Although you might be able to bargain. Is anyone interested i could pass his details on.

Are all Audi FBMFSW's the same? the same leather ,colour , stitching, ect? do you just add your S3 badge?

I don't want a Audi fbmfsw thats for a TT or RS4 i want a S3 8p fbmfsw the one i would have got if i put it on the options list, are they the same?

I don't want to spend a lot of money on something thats not the OEM wheel for my car!

Thanks

p

If its for a TT, it will say TT. If its for an S3, it will say as such... Maybe youcan change the label, im not sure..

You can get the wheel badges from Vagparts, this is the TT Sline version so they should be able to get one for the S3.

10080007300_300x249.jpg

Ive just been to the dealers!

The parts fella said A3,TT,A4 all have different fixings , so they are not the same?

S3/A3 - FBMFSW - 8P04191CRVDE - 294 + vat

S3/A3 ( same as TT ) airbag - 8J0880201E6PS - 434.55 + vat

It's a lot of money!

p

They are all the same believe me!

I have done alot of research on this fact and taken things apart, some S3's are even fitted with TT stuff from the factory as the part no's begin 8JO.

I have found with no disrespect mentioned to anyone working in Audi parts is that most do not have a clue on retrofitting or if things fit from one model to another.

The new TT stuff and new A3/S3 stuff all fit together and vice versa.

The ONLY difference being between the TT wheel and S3 is that the S3 one has white stitching round the leather where the TT one has black, this may account for the difference in part nos.

JamS3 said:
They are all the same believe me!

I have done alot of research on this fact and taken things apart, some S3's are even fitted with TT stuff from the factory as the part no's begin 8JO.

I have found with no disrespect mentioned to anyone working in Audi parts is that most do not have a clue on retrofitting or if things fit from one model to another.

The new TT stuff and new A3/S3 stuff all fit together and vice versa.

The ONLY difference being between the TT wheel and S3 is that the S3 one has white stitching round the leather where the TT one has black, this may account for the difference in part nos.

Cheers mate

I think i'll hold out then for a S3 wheel as i like the stitchin, it goes with hand brake and gear gator stitching!

Thanks

p

I've got pics of mine John if you wanna see it, its a TT FBMSW. I bought that S-Line badge and tried to fit it the very long way (didn't realise at the time) and I've now scratched the badge :crying: and scratched the silver trim also :keule: !! Gonna have to re-order them as I can't have my brand new car having sctrached components! I feel like a right ****! Oh well...

N8KOW said:
Gonna have to re-order them as I can't have my brand new car having sctrached components! I feel like a right ****! Oh well...

Post your problem at the detailing section, maybe someone there can help. Else, just be brave and polish it off with some compound.

N8KOW, I wouldnt mind having a look at this s/wheel pics.
Might do this mod.

curley said:
N8KOW, I wouldnt mind having a look at this s/wheel pics.
Might do this mod.

I ****** knew it... ;) lol!

I'll have a go of yours first to see if i like it...if it's ***** i won't have wasted my money..... :) LOL!

Could buy 2 and save some ££ or waste some lol

Right if i went for it and got the FBMFSW+air bag, how much do you think i could recoup selling mine on?

How much do they go for?

S3 MFSW+air bag = mint cond?

Thanks

p

£150 maybe? They dont command anywhere near the price of the FBMFSW+airbag combo, as most cars have the square airbag to start with. You might find someone with something like a B6 A4 who wants to upgrade to MFSW though.