TT RS 2016

James999

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thought I'd quickly drop by and ask if anyone is aware of next years price for the potential 400bhp beast?
Been looking around the internet and can't find anything, thought some of you enthusiasts may know :D

Purchased the 220 2015 audi tt beginning of the year and what an amazing machine! But think the extra 100+ bhp is screaming at me and would like to know how many pennies are needed!

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd quickly drop by and ask if anyone is aware of next years price for the potential 400bhp beast?
Been looking around the internet and can't find anything, thought some of you enthusiasts may know :D

Purchased the 220 2015 audi tt beginning of the year and what an amazing machine! But think the extra 100+ bhp is screaming at me and would like to know how many pennies are needed!

Thanks
I reckon it will be very close to the 50k mark tbh. Thinking how much the mk2 was new, prob just over that threshold actually, will depend on their sale strategy against its close rivals

:)

My New TTS will be delivered Jan 2nd and it will have cost me, with all the extras a shade over £45K so assuming the new one will have some more goodies as standard to make you feel better I would guess it will start off around £45 ish.

Id say it will be more about the engine not the goodies

I'd say 45k is optimistic, more 50k

Just taken delivery of TTS (well officially I bought it for my wife!). So far, it is great to drive albeit some knocking from rear end on some bumps. Audi Watford engineer came out and identified it as the boot lid being not correctly seated. He got out and adjusted that by the roadside! Then we started off again and found that the main knocking noise was still there! Having checked it in the workshop, nothing was found and it was suggested that I give it a couple of hundred miles and maybe it would "seat in"! I have my doubts and am starting to think it might be the exhast system is hitting the suspension. Watch this space! Not sure that I spent my money wisely for the Audi Connect as the Google maps are useless whilst you are actually travelling at any speed so might only use once you are actually at the location - maybe! Petrol prices are useful! News I get on my phone etc etc. Others have said the exhaust noise is a big letdown for such a car but obviously they had not put it into dynamic drive which not only changes the engine, steering and suspension but also the exhaust settings. Beautiful sound!!!!! Any questions and be glad to try and answer them. So far, a miles better car than the previous front wheel drive TT that she had before.

Any idea what engine the new 2016 TTRS will have? Some on the internet suggesting the existing 2.5 lump others believing it might be a 2.0 (the same in the Golf R400). Whichever it is, it will pave the way for the next generation RS3 to have the same engine. Slightly off topic relative to TTs (sorry) but if they are to move away from the 2.5 lump I'll hurry my RS3 8V order through before time.

Thoughts?

I'd say it's a dead cert to have the same engine as the RS3 (i.e. 5-cylinder 2.5l), but with slight mods to the ECU / turbo to take it up 10-15bhp.

Would be seriously surprised if it was a 2.0, as that'd be completely out of line with their historical approach.

I'd say it's a dead cert to have the same engine as the RS3 (i.e. 5-cylinder 2.5l), but with slight mods to the ECU / turbo to take it up 10-15bhp.

Would be seriously surprised if it was a 2.0, as that'd be completely out of line with their historical approach.
Thanks for the reassurance but not in the realms of impossible, given a45 AMG is 2.0 and also the golf r400. Customers appear to be down scaling trying to get more power with lesser emissions

Yes, but those are different cars. The Audi TT-RS is positioned with, but slightly above, the RS3. They share the same engine, just as they did with the last generation.

The present 5 pot is the improvement in terms of emissions for both the RS3 and TT-RS.

I would absolutely guarantee it!

Reactions: VAG_Club001
How much more was old TTRS vs old RS3? Imho same difference this time too.

TX.

I believe they both started with 335bhp, but then the TT got approx 15 more...

Just the slightly higher base price and bhp last time round. Don't mean to say it's objectively 'better'.

Perhaps your right. When I took a TTS for a drive I was mildly impressed by the cabin especially the digital dials in the air vents plus other bits - hopefully the facelift rs3 will have these along with digital dash

I'm still looking for a MK1 TTRS ragtop/roadster without the silly rear wing and a DSG gearbox; whatever the colour so long as it doesn't clash with BLUEY RS3 and for sure I'll not be selling that :slapped:: cash waiting...