TTE1000+ RS6 V10 C6 UPGRADE TURBOCHARGERS

TTE Si

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
AUDI RS6 C6 5.0 TFSI V10 TTE1000+ UPGRADE TURBOCHARGERS

Introducing our TTE1000 Turbo upgrade stage for the AUDI V10 5.0 TFSI, an evolution stage on from the highly regarded TTE850 that consistently made 900ps+ on 99ron.

For the production of the TTE1000 upgrade turbochargers, TTE uses light, milled compressor wheels. They are significantly larger than the series parts, therefore promote significantly more air mass and still spool very early. The standard compressor housings are machined with a CNC milling machine so that they can receive the new wheel.

Unlike the TTE850’s that did use the stock exhaust turbines, we now use for the TTE1000+ stage a bigger TTE own design 9-blade turbine wheel. These larger more free flowing turbines can handle significantly more exhaust volumes compared to "conventional" turbines without generating excessive exhaust backpressure. A key point is also a very slim hub to further increase flow and reduce mass.
Actuators used are uprated sprung OE units fitted with our reinforced clamps for trouble-free operation. These also can also be modified/set to customer needs and specifications.

Equilibrium

Precisely balancing our turbochargers is a key critical factor to become a TTE upgrade unit as longevity and performance are paramount. Good balance improves acoustics also. Subsequent great care is taken with all TTE turbochargers to achieving our balance standards. Firstly parts are balanced at slow speeds up to 2800RPM in multiple planes using our single parts machine, then components are assembled and then the CHRA are dynamically balanced, but this time depending on application at up to 250,000 RPM in multiple planes using our in-house VSR machine to acquire the ultimate equilibrium, to a standard far higher than OEM. Each turbocharger is supplied with serial numbered balance test result document.

Feature

Genuine IHI Housings & Components
CNC Optimized Intake Pipes included
TTE Highly Efficient Next Gen Billet Compressor Geometry
Optimized Compressor Cover Machining Clearances
TTE Special 9 blade turbines
TTE CNC milled OEM turbo inlets
Uprated & Synchronized actuators
Fitment As Original. Plug & Play
1000+ PS Capable
Single parts finely balanced then components assembled and core high-speed VSR balanced
Supplied with a balance test result document
Proven TheTurboEngineers quality
Made in Germany

When sending in used turbos be sure to include sending original alloy inlets so we can modify as part of the upgrade process

For pricing: https://tteglobal.com/audi/rs6/c6-5.0-tfsi/44/tte1000-upgrade-turbochargers?number=TTE10043

I'm interested in using these turbos in a slightly different installation.

Even upgraded intercoolers seem to have limited flow and cooling capacity for these blowers, so I'm looking at charge cooling instead, with custom coolers on top of the engine.

Would it be possible to configure the compressors with reversed outlets, so they point upwards instead of downwards?

Many thanks,

Nick

I'm interested in using these turbos in a slightly different installation.

Even upgraded intercoolers seem to have limited flow and cooling capacity for these blowers, so I'm looking at charge cooling instead, with custom coolers on top of the engine.

Would it be possible to configure the compressors with reversed outlets, so they point upwards instead of downwards?

Many thanks,

Nick

You would have to customize yourself in situ id say.

I'm assuming I would need customised charge coolers, customised heat exchangers, customised air filters and maybe oil & water pipes.

That much power would need serious cooling.

Nick

There are upgrade side mount air-air intercoolers avalible and been proven at over 1000ps. id say why make it more complex..

Oil and water pipes are the same this is a plug&play install

Yes indeed, but has anybody done that with pump fuel and no spray?
A very fast ten-year old car is a hobby, not just transport, and I'm looking for another challenge.
I avoid complication for the sake of it, but charge cooling has some fundamental advantages:
The IC can be optimised for cooling capacity.
The IC can be optimised for flow.
The HE can be optimised for cooling capacity.
The HE can be optimised for flow.
The charge air pipes can be optimised for low pressure drop.
Nick

Last edited:
Sure if as you say a hobby/project go for it

Ive got two cars about to be tuned very shortly. Ill share results

Audi RS3:
5 cylinder
2.5 litre
twin cam
four valve
single turbo
160 bhp/litre stock
200 bhp/litre remapped
250 bhp/litre upgraded

Audi RS6 C6:
10 cylinder
5.0 litre
quad cam
four valve
twin turbo
116 bhp/litre stock
150 bhp/litre remapped
200 bhp/litre upgraded?

How do the stock and upgrade turbos compare on these cars?

Paul's RS6 TTE1000+

99 ron & wmi (stock intercoolers)

This project is still work in progress but its at over 1000HP and 1200+ nm

MRC tuning software

Audi RS6 5.0 TFSI V10 580HP Quattro by JDEngineering
OEM Specs: 580HP & 650Nm
JD Stage 3: 973HP & 1065Nm

Specs:
TTE1000+ hybrid Turbo's✊
Full JMTuning exhaust with 200cells sportcats
Upgrade High Pressure Fuel Pumps (HPFP)
KWE Automotive Side Mouted Intercooler upgrade
BMC Panel filter
JDEngineering Engine Stage 3 software
JDEngineering Tiptronic software
RON98 fuel ⛽️ (no wmi)

That's a lot of power for modest mods, but looks like the torque is reined-in.
Can you confirm whether it has:
Stock gearbox?
Stock injectors?
Stock LPFP?
Thanks, Nick

Paul's RS6 after now fitting upgrade intercoolers

99ron fuel @1.5bar
1050HP 1190Nm

Paul's RS6 TTE1000+ first try at 100-200
99ron fuel

This is about double the power of a four or five cylinder tuned engine.

In simple terms, how do each of these turbos compare with one of the Golf or RS3 turbos?

Thanks, Nick

They dont. Everything is different.

Understood. I was just wondering if the turbo rating took the type of engine into account, or is it just a function of the turbos in isolation - inducer diameter, mass flow capacity etc? So are the TTE1000 turbos comparable to a pair of turbos that would give 500bhp in a 4 or 5 cylinder car? Cheers, Nick