Ttrs Brakes Fitted Car Feels Heavier Hardly Wheel Spins

TDI140

Reaction score
As title says car feel down on power is it due to the weight they add?

But other than that braking power is immense

I have 2mm gap between calliper and my alloy at 19" 8.5J ET45

Sounds to me like you have a sticky calliper fella!

Wheel should spin freely

Is that on air? Looks stupidly low. Brakes look good though but stupidly low.

Callipers all free all tested before fitting there all mint, must be the way car feels after install, they definitely feel much heavier

Yes its on air ride mate low and comfortable

I've noticed improvements from s3 to ttrs breaking... The calipers are all aluminium way lighter than those iron rocks from oem... I even felt the car handling better when I installed the ttrs breaking...

Discs are proper heavy though compared to stock, i also have strut brace on my car to improve handling it does actually work made a noticable amount of difference on cornering etc

Hope these brakes were worth the money and hassle

Strut brace? What do you mean?

My standard S3 brakes felt heavier than the TTRS setup. Can't imagine the stock TTRS disc is much difference in weight than my AP racing ones.

My standard S3 brakes felt heavier than the TTRS setup. Can't imagine the stock TTRS disc is much difference in weight than my AP racing ones.

Difference is you went from s3 brakes to that setup where as OP has gone from poxy little tdi brakes to massive ttrs setup, and yes, if it spins freely without any friction it's down to the extra weight.

I think the goal here is more stopping power meaning shorter stopping distance meaning more security... That really iwas the main goal when I changed from 288mm to 312mm to s3 and finally to ttrs breaking. Non of the previous setup gave me the security this one does...

The weight of the caliper won't make much difference, It's probably lighter than a stock one. The difference comes about from the rotating mass and more so where the weight is concentrated.
The discs and wheels/ tyres act as flywheels. And increasing the amount of mass further away from the centre of rotation increases the moment of inertia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flywheel

The TTRS brakes have cast alloy bells but there is more weight further out so this will have an effect. Are the wheels genuine Audi with the hollow spokes or are they replicas.
If you want performance and fuel economy the smallest lightest wheel is the way to go.