**TTRS** Project 750hp

How good does this look?

DSC05363.jpg

150294_406794412723088_1327369125_n.jpg

wow what a car and a great thread, That is the best ttrs ive ever seen :icon_thumright:

Thanks guys.

Maybe a change of plans on the turbo front, we'll see.

In the meantime I bought a new headunit to replace the concert one.

A kenwood dnx5210bt

0E2FAB2E-28A7-4B11-BD14-21A4422CE970-32935-00001770D95F44CA.jpg

This thread is truly amazing! Must have taken a lot of dedication to even get this far. Only wish I had the cash to do a project half as good as this. Keep up the good work.

Thanks lads!

An overdue update:

The turbokit has finally cleared customs, hello GTX35 :D

550158_10151207004995356_505677136_n_zps65ecc90b.jpg

Some more pics. The turbo is bigger than my mates meatball head lol.

0A4CE324-6312-477A-AC62-A235E8259A4B-4821-000003849F1DD6B0_zpsb2e2d8e0.jpg

87E88D75-6FDA-4DD4-8F6A-8EC0A45D004B-4821-0000038499B004B4_zps1cb35039.jpg

Reactions: JonBoi25 and CHEZ
Thanks guys, if all goes to plan, the car will be getting built sometime next week.

In the mean time ive bought a bigger intercooler. This is the forge race version, so bigger than their sport, and this time in black to go with the stealth look. Forge say they gained 50hp from these new intercooler over their sport version on the TTShops hybrid ttrs.

A friend of mine also on a hybrid turbo tuned by gained 40hp from fitting this intercooler and new mapping, so it only made sense for me to upgrade, and possibly I wont need to run WMI now

Heres the findings of my mate Alex on his car.

Results in from new Forge race intercooler on my TTRS

Got back yesterday after a long day at MRC, as some of you know I was having trouble with intake temps.

Starting both runs with a soild intake temp of 10C we saw that the stock cooler was going +65c so upto max 75c. With the forge race we were seeing the intake rise + 10c to + 15c so max 30c.

Very happy with it, nice piece of kit, well made.

Blue = stock cooler
Black = Forge race

bigboysforgerace_zps13b33dc3.jpg

490TTRS_zps2fffa5d8.jpg

I was telling my friend about this thread, and he said to me 'Is his user name poverty?'. You might remember him back when you both had K1's and I can even remember seeing the picture of 3 K1's in a row at the services when he collected some engine goodies from you.

So the car is being put back together now. Then off to get the ext wastegate and downpipes fabricated. I decided to not run a screamer pipe but instead have it routed back into the exhaust.

28C059D0-E45F-4F6A-953F-2F06FA80985B-3765-000002A42331908F_zpsc5b757d8.jpg

No idea on customs charges, APR have imported it in.

Still waiting on delivery of my twin plate clutch

DE2E22BA-375F-491E-9200-2FB5FB97DD40-3694-0000025EAF3CA736_zps7ce54848.jpg

7352169C-78A2-4B82-B058-4696AB0C3E2D-3694-0000025EB3B6A75C_zpse5621758.jpg

UPDATE:

Decided on some hardware changes.

The turbokit got removed and sent off for a special coating.

APR released their own intercooler which has the biggest frontal area off all TTRS intercoolers so I have ordered one of those aswell.

And finally, a carbon carbon clutch is being developed so Im going to upgrade to that when its released also.

Heres some data and info on the APR intercooler.

Product Page

intercooler_25tfsi_ttrs_front_angle.jpg

The APR Intercooler System dramatically lowers charge air temperature and resists heat soak far better the TT RS’s factory intercooler system. Through a massively increased frontal surface area, superior intercooler core design and smooth, cast end tanks, APR’s engineers were able to create an intercooler capable of supporting power levels well beyond that of the factory unit. Expect increased horsepower and torque and dramatically prolonged performance.

• Dramatically lowers intake air temperature
  • Increases horesepower and torque while prolonging performance
  • APR intercooler core dimensions: 3.00" x 12.70" x 22.25"
  • OEM intercooler core dimensions 3.19" x 6.38x" x 21.75"
  • 104% more frontal area and 92% larger core compared to stock
  • Pressure tested for leak proof operation
  • Smooth cast alumnium end tanks
  • CNC machined hose connection points
  • Integrated light weight support brace, horn and sensor brackets
  • Stealthy black coating does not alter thermal effectiveness
  • Full install directions and APR's world-renowned customer support
  • Lifetime warranty

Intercooler Ambient Air Fins

intercooler_25tfsi_ttrs_ambient_air_fins.jpg

Each unit uses a high quality, bar and plate core with staggered and louvered fins. The Intercooler’s exceptionally tall design and fin structure exposes the core to a greater volume of airflow than possible with the factory or similar aftermarket short and thick core designs. With more of the intercooler directly exposed to the elements, cooling effectiveness dramatically increases.

Intercooler Charge Air Fins

intercooler_25tfsi_ttrs_charge_air_fins.jpg

Internally, the APR Intercooler System features a staggered and louvered fin design with a core density chosen as a balance between cooling effectiveness and pressure drop. Due to the core’s massive volume, the balance was easily adjusted to favor minimal pressure drop while still providing superior effectiveness compared stock and similar to stock designs.

Intercooler Rear with Support Brace installed

intercooler_25tfsi_ttrs_back_with_brace.jpg

The intercooler’s maximum size and frontal area is directly related to packaging constraints found at the front end of the vehicle. Intercooler units located in the factory location are design limited resulting in increased volume primarily through expanding the depth of the system. Unfortunately increasing depth only slightly increases the intercoolers effectiveness compared to increased frontal surface area. APR’s Intercooler System includes a reengineered front-end support brace constructed from billet aluminum to maximize packaging constraints. The low profile support brace resides near the factory location and no longer blocks the intercooler from front-end airflow. The bar’s inner design features a weight saving grid, which also aids in airflow through the core.

intercooler_25tfsi_ttrs_front_installed.jpg

The intercooler core and brace are both black to remain stealthy behind the TT RS’s massive grille. The black chip and corrosion resistant coating does not alter the thermal effectiveness of the intercooler core. During testing APR’s Engineers were unable to measure a difference in temperature between the coated and non-coated system during both dyno and road tests. This was further backed up with matching dyno performance between coated and uncoated systems equaling each other.

intercooler_25tfsi_ttrs_logo.jpg

More Photos : Click to Enlarge

Testing Data - Dyno

The Test below demonstrates the intercoolers ability to cool intake air temperature even under brutal conditions. Six back-to-back pulls were preformed with absolutely no cool down between runs. The APR Intercooler’s first run was conducted in slightly worse conditions than the stock intercooler, but it was able to keep the intake air temperature at redline lower than stock even after the sixth back to back pull! The dramatic rise in temperature from the stock intercooler cost the TT RS valuable horsepower on the dyno and averaged over 25 HP less than the APR unit across the six runs.

25tfsi_trans_intercooler_iat_dyno.png

25tfsi_trans_intercooler_iat_dyno_2.png

25tfsi_trans_intercooler_power.png

Testing Data - Street

APR’s Engineers set out to further prove each Intercooler’s effectiveness by testing in real world conditions on the street. Four back-to-back 20-130 mph pulls were conducted with both the factory and APR intercooler unit while various data points were collected with APR’s ECU Explorer data logging suite. While APR’s Engineers made every effort to keep starting temps identical between the two intercoolers, unfortunately conditions worsened while testing the APR unit as ambient temperature increased.

The rise in temperature was still no match for the APR intercooler unit. Pull after pull, the intercooler was able to cool charge air temperature below the actual starting temperature! The stock intercooler unfortunately experienced a rapid temperature increase and on average ran 14C higher than the starting temperature. The intake air temperature results collected on the street mimicked that of the data collected on the dyno further backing the power associated with each unit.

25tfsi_trans_intercooler_iat_road.png

poverty this is a truly impressive thread and to think I'd missed this until now! True dedication to making a quite unique TTRS and those parts are works of art in themselves. I think this thread is what the word awe was created for. I'm guessing the driving experience is equally impressive!

Wow awesome work mate! Keep the updates coming!

Time for an update, car was meant to have been ready by now but ran into some slight difficulties.

But my good friend jonnys car was ready and he got some figures off his.

660hp on v-power
0-60 in 2.8
100-200km/h in 5.8
1/4 mile in 10.7 @ 136mph

And here's some videos. Yes, it's a manual ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BigWillyStyle and CHEZ
Absolute monster!!! The numbers are unbelievable. When it goes like that just watch and be amazed haha.
Sounded like a deisel on idle, but that launch and those gear changes.... Fair play ;)

Holy **** Jason that's FAST!"!!!

Is Jonnys kit the same as yours?

the cars are identical spec except for valvetrain!

really can't wait to get mine, gonna take a while to get used to it I think,last time I drove anything fast was my mates 650hp 911 turbo which I thought at the time was perhaps too fast for public road use, and now we have two TT's here which are quite a bit faster!