**TTRS** Project 750hp

great build thread @poverty, have really enjoyed reading about your cars progress...and can't wait to hear more....keep it going and good luck! :superman:

Sent a message regarding brakes. Love some additional details.

Thanks.

At this point I will introduce my buddies roadster. We mod our cars together, so he also got the forge intercooler fitted at HQ the same day.

His spec then being identical to mine up at that point.

d61ac9c7.jpg

Both of us not being happy with our brakes, we turned our attention to calipers.

We both settled on a set of rs4/rs5/r8/gallardo 8 pot calipers.

44f4f24c.jpg

22e539e7.jpg

949681ca.jpg

d28a8046.jpg

We also bought some new braided brake lines, castrol SRF brake fluid and I bought mintex 1155 pads. A friend machined the "revo" plate for us so the pads would sit on the oem disc properly.

39860a5d.jpg

218bc801.jpg

Next up I attended a 30-130 and top speed event at a runway.

This was my best result. 30-130 in 14 secs, and 170mph top speed. Basically the same results as stock GTR on the day. Not bad for a manual 400hp TTRS.

c4e7cdab.jpg

241590_159365480796499_138783152854732_400927_4229070_o.jpg

After that it was show season, and the two TTRS attended a few! The TTRS also won a auto X, handling challenge type event at one of the shows, which surprised many as we thought the track would be more suited to a N.A super mini type car. As soon as the TT was on boost it was time to brake again, so a good and shock result.

P1030483.jpg

271870_228868767133890_217117581642342_787834_1043876_o.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg
Love the brakes, do you know if these will fit an 8P S3 please?

So in the meantime, this has happened:

Reactions: bennyball
Hi, are the wings the muecke ones that still-static sell? I've been considering these for my s4 due to fitment problems

Ryan

Snap.

You're going to love the results.....

Update:

My gearbox was pulled apart and we found plenty of damage from the syncro failure. Diff seized also.

Tried to buy a wavetrac but out of stock.

Luckily I had a spare gearset so grabbed thay and dropped it off.

Also as the new turbo has bigger inlet and outlets, the turbo no longer fitted the cast apr connection pieces.

But not to worry, some great fabbing work from the shop and we are back on track.

Now just waiting for engine back in, gearbox go fixed and then hopefully I can collect the car and prepare it for mapping.

Reactions: PanamaS3
This has to be one of the most bonkers things I've read on here, it's ****ing awesome! :sign wow:

Reactions: PanamaS3 and poverty
So engine back in:

Then trailered to speedfabuk near Cambridge to get the downpipe sorted to fit my new turbo.

After that was done I then drove her home. The new exhaust system on the car is LOUD. Like the hells want to open up from the ground below.

Now Im just fitting my new air intake, and some secret mods APR my modders requested and we can start mapping.

Also picked up my mates ims730 kitted ttrs. Around 600hp, check out the video.

Reactions: Carlos85, PanamaS3, S3Alex and 3 others
Update:

A few more bits and bobs done, had some issues along the way but got them all sorted.

Stock fuelling system is maxed out at 650hp so for ages been pondering about how to go about upgrading the fuelling.

In the end the only way was to run an additional 5 injectors, as bigger DI ones wont work at my higher RPM levels.

So at that point it was a case of finding a piggyback to control those injectors. I found a few different methods but it was all a bit primative. So in the end I decided to bite the bullet and go for a full standalone aftermarket ecu. Enter syvecs, multiple maps, better engine protection and loads of programmable features, not cheap but at this power level it makes sense to not scrimp now. Proper port injection will also keep my valves clean!

Mapping should begin in the next week or two.

Also added a rear seat delete and managed to get hold of a wavetrac diff after all!

Pics:

Reactions: PanamaS3, S3Alex, RyanJonS4 and 2 others
Hi there....you will love that Syvecs.

It utterly transforms the way the car runs.

Reactions: poverty
Hi Jason.....hope all is OK with you.

Saw your car today......looks as good as ever and sounds like thunder....makes a great noise.

Hope you're all sorted soon.

Hi Jason.....hope all is OK with you.

Saw your car today......looks as good as ever and sounds like thunder....makes a great noise.

Hope you're all sorted soon.

Hi mate, heard yours is done now with the dq500 conversion?

As you know its never ending, constant shopping list but hope to pick it up soon and do some mileage

Reactions: S3Alex
Hi mate, heard yours is done now with the dq500 conversion?

As you know its never ending, constant shopping list but hope to pick it up soon and do some mileage

Hi there...hope you're well.

Yes...all done now,but I wouldn't say it was entirely plain sailing....ask Andy....I think it was a bit challenging in places.

It works really well now,and I think the work he's done is amazing,as it's shaved a lot of time off acceleration,and it doesn't do too many weird things aside from constantly changing algorithms according to how you're driving.

Sounds brilliant, andy is pushing for me to do the conversion alsobut think the wallet will need to be recharged after this latest round of mods. Drove the car for the first time last week with syvecs, its not finished yet but got a little taster. How amazing is the syvecs traction control!!! Mind blown! Cant wait to get it back now

UPDATE!

Initial mapping started.

470 bhp @ 0.7 bar
630bhp @ 1.4 bar
650bhp @ 1.5 bar then ran out of intank pump fuelling. Bigger intank pump incoming.

Video of the 1.4 bar run.

Then decided to upgrade the brakes. 335mm j-hook rears.

Then did the fronts. 380mm x 35mm brembo type 3 discs and brembo 6 pot calipers.

I then decided I need to loose some more unsprung mass. Hello ATS racelights

Another angle:

And finally a custom rear spoiler made completely out of carbon, in pagani weave pattern. Lightweight, beautiful, and a little extra downforce. I will mount this soon. Teaser pic for now.

Reactions: S3Alex, RyanJonS4 and S.
did my first 100-200kmh run last night.

640hp @ 1.5 bar boost
Manual transmission
99 ron v power no WMI.
Raining and syvecs TC pulling engine torque to prevent wheelspin

Did a 5.6 100-200kmh.

Will do some runs in the dry when the ecu wont pull power and run my full fat antilag map too, and perhaps try it with rolling boost also. Looking like I could do a anywhere between a 5.2 and 5.4 in the right conditions.

Not bad for a 640hp manual car. 4.x on the table for sure once i get a better intercooler and we boost it over 2 bar

Oh and just for the record. Syvecs is ******* awesome!!!!

did my first 100-200kmh run last night.

640hp @ 1.5 bar boost
Manual transmission
99 ron v power no WMI.
Raining and syvecs TC pulling engine torque to prevent wheelspin

Did a 5.6 100-200kmh.

Will do some runs in the dry when the ecu wont pull power and run my full fat antilag map too, and perhaps try it with rolling boost also. Looking like I could do a anywhere between a 5.2 and 5.4 in the right conditions.

Not bad for a 640hp manual car. 4.x on the table for sure once i get a better intercooler and we boost it over 2 bar

Oh and just for the record. Syvecs is ******* awesome!!!!

I knew you'd enjoy the Syvecs.

It worked wonders on mine,getting more power and torque with less boost than before,with no WMI.
Like the seats and the brakes as well....be great to meet up sometime when neither of us are up to our necks in work.

Take care,and hope it keeps getting better and better.

XSP 6187 2
IMG 6603
IMG 6604
IMG 6605
IMG 6596
IMG 6455
IMG 6448
So 2 Nurburgring, and one spa trip later I think an update is due!

Straight to the nitty gritty. Well actually first off a big shout to Andy and his team at storm developments for making this all possible, the last minute works on the car, the late night on the road mapping sessions to extract the most from the car!

All results on 1.5 bar!

Reactions: HHS3 and S3Alex
Love it!.....what a blast that must have been.

The results are fantastic.....must have been hilarious seeing how many supercars would be embarrassed by the RS,especially when it still looks so stock and stealthy.

Going for more?

Well for 2017 i think this is probably it.

In 2018 I will fit a bigger intank pump and a better intercooler, turn up the boost and see what happens!

In starting to get the trackday bug though, fancy going back to spa next summer and pumping in some quick laps. Looks like the chassis will get attention next. And I still have a wavetrac diff to fit also

Well for 2017 i think this is probably it.

In 2018 I will fit a bigger intank pump and a better intercooler, turn up the boost and see what happens!

In starting to get the trackday bug though, fancy going back to spa next summer and pumping in some quick laps. Looks like the chassis will get attention next. And I still have a wavetrac diff to fit also

I know what you mean...I think we're done for 2017 as well,but for 2018 I've got the RS pump to fit,and then some more boost.

Just spent a bit of time reading this from start to where you are with it now, its an epic build, love the car, the seats are gorgeous and the 5 cylinder noise....wow!

Just read through all of this, amazing build! I'm loving stage 2+ in my S3 so F knows what yours must be like :hubbahubba: