TTS (2012) owner looking for directions :)

naysayer

Reaction score
Hi....if there are any other TTS owners out there or indeed anyone who possesses much knowledge on remaps and general performance mods then please direct me to any relevant threads, especially on those addressing concerns over maintaining the integrity of the stock transmission when you increase the power.

Welcome! Best bet would be to read some 8P S3 threads as the engine from the TTS and the S3 are close to identical.

If you have a manual, you best budget for an uprated clutch and flywheel replacement once remapped. I had a manual 2010 S3 remapped by APR from 11k which covered a further 40,000+ miles with a stage 1 and subsequently stage 1+ remap. The clutch was ok day to day but was showing some slipping when launched at 53k. If you have S-tronic 'box you should be okay although some do remap the 'box in addition to an engine remap.

Either way you need a plan - Stage 2+ is full exhaust, intake, fuel pump & remap = 360+bhp but costs £2k+. A stage 1 remap is around £500 for 300+bhp. It's a slippery slope but used parts can be had on here to save a few £.

The driveability of the engine benefits so much from a remap so don't be put off by drivetrain concerns.

Really appreciate the advice. Very informative. Thanks. I still wonder whether pushing 360bhp through a stock drivetrain/manual transmission could result in thrust bearings, washers, seals etc failing due to their lower tolerances.

Perhaps this is just something I need to accept. Although I am now budgeting for a clutch and flywheel, possibly from Sachs.

The 'plan' includes a Bull-X exhaust, but I'm going 'CAT back' because I'm a tree hugger at heart, and an induction kit, although I hadn't thought about the fuel pump, so thanks for pointing that out. I've decided on a Revo Stage 1 remap, but I've read the throttle can be a little harsh lower down the rev range, although this can be overcome.