TTS h&r springs on s3

R90 STL

Reaction score
Hi guys right basically I have bought the 25mm springs second hand. They came off a TTS and in the picture the springs were blue. I received them the other day and they are black which I thought was quite odd. Anyway I'm looking to get these fitted to my s3 although I'm now a bit concerned about whether or not these will work on my car or not. Any ideas?

Hi guys right basically I have bought the 25mm springs second hand. They came off a TTS and in the picture the springs were blue. I received them the other day and they are black which I thought was quite odd. Anyway I'm looking to get these fitted to my s3 although I'm now a bit concerned about whether or not these will work on my car or not. Any ideas?

I didn't think 25 mm springs would lower an s3? Unless your putting back to standard or something , I could be wrong either way ha

I didn't think 25 mm springs would lower an s3? Unless your putting back to standard or something , I could be wrong either way ha

The 25mm springs are the ones most s3 guys go for I think they will fit but I'm a bit worried that because the 8P and TT are different weights that it might cause any problems

The 25mm springs are the ones most s3 guys go for I think they will fit but I'm a bit worried that because the 8P and TT are different weights that it might cause any problems

I found a few threads with the 8L springs fitting the mk1 tt's but can't find anything on the 8p and mk2 but you would of thought they would but I couldn't say for sure..

I found a few threads with the 8L springs fitting the mk1 tt's but can't find anything on the 8p and mk2 but you would of thought they would but I couldn't say for sure..

Yeah I found all the threads for 8L and nothing for 8P so started my own thread to see if anyone had any answers! I'm fairly new to the mod game and bought the springs thinking 25mm springs are 25mm springs haha didn't take into consideration that they might of been designed for a TTS specifically!

This might be of some help..

ImageImage

Reactions: Ron burgundy
I'd imagine they would fit but it may lower it slight more than 25mm due to the load ratings. It may also mean that the spring isn't as progressive and may make the ride a little softer.

Thanks for the input mate those don't exactly sound like bad things to me lol. As long as it's safe. I wouldn't of thought the tts and s3 setup was that different

bump! can anyone else offer further info on this please? just dont want to pay for them to be fitted and I find out that they won't fit or could cause damage to the car. thanks

Personally I wouldnt fit springs to a car that were designed for another car. Those specs clearly show the max axle weights are different so they are definitely different springs. So even if they actually "fitted", your cars handling characteristics could suffer, and may bottom out sooner etc. None of this matters of course if you dont care about anything other than just lowering it visually. But even that might no work out properly either. Moral of the story - buy the correct springs for your car.

Reactions: R90 STL
Yeah ribs is what I thought. Thing is I thought I was buying the right thing. As previously mentioned I'm relatively new to this modding game and thought I got myself a bargain. I guess not

Try and sell them on mate. Funny thing is I have a full set of H&Rs here sitting in my garage for my/your car, only thing is they would be a ****** to post with the weight as I live in N.Ireland.

yeah thats what I will need to do. I would rather get the right springs on my car. It is my absolute pride and joy and I would hate for anything to happen to it because I knowingly put the wrong springs on my car. I jumped at the chance of a bargain and then later realised that it might not be the right thing. I appreciate your help mate

Reactions: s3_trev