TTs pics

JA60N JL

Reaction score
Hi all, couple of people have asked what car i had before RS3, so thought i'd put a couple of pics up.

Hi Jason.
had one of those before our S3 SB.
Great car.
Audi S cars always punch above their weight.
Magnetic ride and two tone exclusive leather as standard - interior was great.
outdragged a Lotus exige in mine , on a private road We got to 130mph and I had another gear. Ha ha.
handling the Lotus would have had the edge of course?
af0ecff1.jpg

471391d4.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jason.
had one of those before our S3 SB.
Great car.
Audi S cars always punch above their weight.
outdragged a Lotus exige in mine , on a private road We got to 130mph and I had another gear. Ha ha.
handling the Lotus would have had the edge of course
Hi Paul I agree it was a lovely car and as you say the s models are always a cut above, I had the s-tonic in mine but not the 7 speed like the RS3 , and although I liked it I wasn't in love like I am now the RS to me anyway is a special car and practical too

Yes agree with that.
our daughter got to 5 before the car got too small.
S3 was logical step and the RS3 was an opportunity not to miss.
Especially as I miss my Rs2 after selling last year after 12 years of ownership.
back in the Rs owners club.

Hi guys,

I'm considering the same move - from TTS to RS3. What's the comparison in your opinion? Is the RS3 as agile? The TTS is the best handling car I have ever had and I wouldn't want to lose that ability.

Cheers,
Dan

Dan, handling is always a subjective area but in my experience there is very little difference between the TTRS (sorry no experience in the S) and the RS3. Yes the RS3 is agile, flows nicely through fast sweeping corners and gives huge confidence if the corner tightens. It's still typical Audi in approach, get the entry speed right so the front hooks up then on the gas early and fire through. The RS3 exit speed is its party piece, with so much grip to play with you can use all that power and it's as if you've lit the afterburners as it rockets away. With the ESP 'off' you can get a couple of degrees of movement at the rear, just enough to settle the car and angle it through the apex.

If the TT has an advantage I'd say it might be just a fraction more keen to turn in initially.

All subjective as I say because the RS3 does everything I ask with no fuss or drama. It doesn't have that on tip toes feel of an Evo, which would move around a lot more at the rear through the same corners described above - that bit of oversteer was great fun on track but could be a little unnerving in the wet. Nor does it have the ultimate finesse of something like the R26.R in which you can feel exactly how much grip the tyres have left and place the car on the apex time after time. As an all rounder though it's much better than both of course.

Hope that helps you make your choice.