Turbo and injector advice

swatchuk

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just after some help and advice.
First of all I've got a bbt hybrid turbo to fit to my car. Just wondered if anyone has a guide or any tips to swapping the turbo over?

Next up is about injectors. Do I need any upgraded ones, ie rs4? The turbo will only take me to 390-400 bhp.
If i don't need upgraded ones should I replace mine for new ones or get them cleaned. Car has covered 65k.

Any advice would be great.
Mark

You've already bought the turbo?

If not,consider the TTE420.

If you have,then if it's a K04 based hybrid it will bolt straight on.
You then need the car mapped for it.

Custom mappers like Rick are probably the best to go to for this.

Stock S3 injectors should be OK but the alternative now would be the RS3 injectors and again Rick would be the man for that.

An RS4 fuel pressure relief valve would be useful.

Avoid RS4 injectors if possible as smoking is a problem.

Sorry, should have said. Car is a 58 plate s3 already running stage 2+ unicorn. I've already got the rs4 fuel valve on, and already bought the turbo. I'd have loved the tte but just couldn't afford it at the moment as I new I'd have to do injectors and in tank fuel pump with that turbo also.
The rs4 injectors I was looking at are the new ones with a different spray pattern to the old. But as I won't be running over 400bhp I thought the s3 injectors may be alright? I was just thinking of replacing them so I know everything is spot on.
Just need to find a guide for swapping the k04's over now.

Ok.
S3 injectors plus the RS4 valve should be fine.
If the injectors are fine now there should be no reason to swap them out.

Reactions: swatchuk