Turbo boost after egr blank

Glen2302

Reaction score
Hi all just after some advice , I've removed my egr cooler as it's damaged and blanked the egr off causing the engine light to come on which I expected but the turbo doesn't always kick in when I went out for a spin is this normal ? Will this happen until I can get it mapped out ?
Thanks

Should be fine far as I know, might be worth getting it mapped out too, to me it sounds as though something may now be loose; best thing to do is take everything off, clean everything to ensure nothing like oil or fuel or dirt or whatever is lubricating anything and spray load of hairspray in the bits which go together to make them stick a bit better... if your going extreme glue can also be used but obviously this could be more problematic down the line, just make sure everything has a good seal. I used more clamps and stuff on the boost pipes too as mine kept popping off.

Cheers for your advice mate I'll check it all over to make sure it's all sealed and clean , I'm having a nightmare with my first Audi , oil pump went so had all that replaced upgraded and turbo replaced then less than a month later the egr cooler pipe from exhaust snapped got that repaired and now the top of same pipe has snapped so I've just removed it and blanked egr off I thought Audi were bullet proof