Turbo gaskets

Nathan Barnes

Reaction score
A quick question - I'm putting my APY engine back together (slowly!) but I'm having a mind blank......

I have all new OEM gaskets from the main dealer (I'm talking specifically about the metal gaskets for the braided oil feed pipe that connects the sump to the bottom of the turbo) - do I just use them as they are or apply some sort of liquid gasket?

I seem to remember the old turbo having some sort of paper gasket material on it when I took it off a few months ago.

Thanks in advance!

A quick question - I'm putting my APY engine back together (slowly!) but I'm having a mind blank......

I have all new OEM gaskets from the main dealer (I'm talking specifically about the metal gaskets for the braided oil feed pipe that connects the sump to the bottom of the turbo) - do I just use them as they are or apply some sort of liquid gasket?

I seem to remember the old turbo having some sort of paper gasket material on it when I took it off a few months ago.

Thanks in advance!

Gasket only, always!... There's only a couple places I can think of you'll need liquid gasket and that's the sump and the oil pump chain cover

Cheers - Thought I'd better check before I start bolting it together on the engine stand!