Turbo Hose blew off,

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi all
The other day, my car was making a whooshing sound on boost, and very slow to accelerate I noticed that the big red
pipe that comes from the turbo to the metal pipe, sorry [FONT=arial, sans-serif]don't[/FONT] know the name of it,

Had come away at the metal
pipe end,and half slipped under the jubilee cli[FONT=arial, sans-serif]p, I thought it was on odd,and connected it back [/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]problem solved,[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Today on the way to work I heard a [/FONT]pop and my car stuttered and died, The pi[FONT=arial, sans-serif]pe had blew of completely, the e[/FONT]pc light was on too, it felt like a coil [FONT=arial, sans-serif]pack had gone,[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I fixed it and it was fine, Until I started it later it was a bit rough on idle and [/FONT]popped when I revved it through the exhaust, but then evened out,
On the way home it felt like it is holding back on boost, and i can hear slight whistle on full boost like air escaping, could the jubilee be at fault,.

Also i noticed that the main big thick
pipe that goes to the air box has a hole where it branches off into the smaller bore re circ valve pipe would this cause issues,

Thanks

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]​

Sounds like the 'red' pipe has just about had it... they have a groove that the clips sit in and these spilt... once that happens they have a tendency to do what you say...

Cheapest option ironically is to replace it with a Forge one as it is half the price of an OEM and will last much much longer...

The other thing you describe is your TIP (turbo inlet pipe) and from your description you have a split on it and yes... this will cause issues...

Again, a silicone TIP will be a suitable replacement such as a Forge or of course a Badger 5 80mm performance TIP...

<tuffty/>

The TIP leads to the cold side of the turbo and the red pipe comes off the hot side of the turbo so both these pipes are quite important.

Like Paul says, forge red one is the best bet. Think it costs around £40 from forge but it is a sturdier hose then the OEM one.

Hi well i looked at it on Sunday, the lip on the hose has broke off on half of it, so the jubilee is not, on well,

Is forge the best
place on-line to buy,

Also I started it this morning it was very rough wanted to die, hunting etc, then it evened out a bit, I drove it and it was holding back especially in between gear changes, then would go hold back etc , also it was bit poping a bit on de acceleration , It felt a my coil [pack failure when first started, Now the engine management light is on, do you think this is all to do with the hose or something else,

thanks so much for the

cheers

Engine light maybe the result of what has happened however without a scan its not worth clutching at straws...

Bill at Badger 5 can get hold of all the pipes Forge and other wise (shameless plug I know but he is a mate after all :thumbsup:) save you a bit on postage too... you kinda need to get the TIP sorted as well as the turbo pipe... failing that have a hunt around ebay..

<tuffty/>

Engine light maybe the result of what has happened however without a scan its not worth clutching at straws...

Bill at Badger 5 can get hold of all the pipes Forge and other wise (shameless plug I know but he is a mate after all :thumbsup:) save you a bit on postage too... you kinda need to get the TIP sorted as well as the turbo pipe... failing that have a hunt around ebay..

<tuffty/>
Thanks for reply,
I have been on the Badger site but cant find the hoses on there,
thanks

Also if anyone is in Essex who would scan/Look at my car, i Would happily pay for the services,

Thanks

contact him on here.
his number may be on his profile.

i had a hole in my TIP when i bought my car, resulted in very bad running (lumpy, hunting)
it will no doubt solve your issues

Bills contact details are in his forum in the sponsors section of asn

<tuffty/>