Turbo Intake Hose - BAM

mikes3

Reaction score
Hey fellas.

Just found this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-TT-SEAT-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2306a2623b

Its a lot cheaper than the Samco or Forge version, and I don't really want to put the OEM hose on - just wanted your opinions on whether its worth the risk with the lower quality/thickness silicone ?
I'm running everything as standard on the engine, no mods etc. Just have a split on one of the nipples for the breather pipe, and I think its this which is causing me my boost problems.

Thanks.

that isnt the cheapest ive seen - think mine costs less than that, oh and dont worry about this so called collapsing, it happened on a very early TT model and has not been known since (well i havent heard of it whilst been on here)

as long as its at least 4 ply then you'll be fine, this add does look well put together and id trust that over some of the cheaper ones which have also stood up to everyones usage so far

Forge and Samco are very good but are known to be over engineered, obvious benefits but at a cost

Thanks mate.

I know there are a lot of threads about this already, but do the problems with hoses collapsing normally happen when the engine has been mapped or when running bigger turbos ? I mean, if I'm running stock will I have similar problems ? The fault with the hose I have now seems to be due to over heating and the rubber going lame.

The OEM TIP is good, especially for a "standard" car. TIP collapse is marketing propaganda.

tip collapse isnt marketting (well not entirely), it used to happen on early TT's, thats why the vids you see are on ahem....TT's

it will flow a little better with a silicone TIP as i found out, i wasnt going to buy because of the cost but got offered a cheap one that didnt fit another members car - glad i did it but still wouldnt pay forge prices

I bought the Autobahn88 TIP from Ebay for £87 delivered. It came from Hong Kong within 4 days of sending and sent as gift so no import taxes.

I think its a brilliant mod. Can definitely feel more pull in higher revs as it felt sluggish before. I'm not sure about the standard TIP collapasing but all i know is my Autobahn88 one has made a really good noticeable difference! The spool up sound is awesome!!! :cool:

I just bought a 2nd hand Samco TIP (black) for 88£ (100£ delivered) :)
It's from somebody who went for BT so didn't need it anymore.

£104 but thats only to get one over on this silly chap above who seems to be constantly beating me to bargains :)

He he he

Hang on a second - my TIP has a big split in it and Im looking to replace it ASAP.

Let me buy it ! ;) ;)

yep - nothing worse than no lube.

Anyway - I still need a replacement TURBO INTAKE PIPE !

I sent a question to the seller on ebay asking about the quality of construction etc. Here is the reply.

The ply is 5 layer and it is reinforced with Polyester. I can vouch for the quality of this item as i have sold these to loads of enthusiasts on various forums and we regulary have a trade stand at all the major shows. If you are coming to any of the shows then you can check the quality of the item yourself.

Anyone bought one of these then ?

As Tim said, if it's five ply, ideal! Most cheaper ones are 4 ply. Still no issues, but the Forge/Samco ones are 5 ply.

Wait, why am I agreeing with Tim . . .

sfs will do em for £145 with 25% off if ur at mk4 golf forum.

Last edited: