Turbo Intake Pipe - K04 -15 - TIP

YohanT

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ive looked all over the forum/internet / google / ebay and cant see any definitive answers on this, so would appreciate any help.

I have a K04-015 Turbo for my Audi A4 and understand from my mechanic that i need a bigger TIP, does anyone know where i can buy one, has anyone bought one that they can recommend? or does anyone have one for sale ?

I have a 2002 B6 but the TIP is the same as the B5 (4 connectors) from what others have said.

Thanks

I had loads of problems sourcing one for my build. In the end I ordered mine from Evolution Racewerks in the states. Wasn't cheap and fit isn't the best but it does work.

Hiya, thanks, i came across that one on the internet earlier. Looked like they were just using a standard TIP with silicone increasers / decreasers
for get the correct size, is that correct?

I have a 3" MAF so would like to know if this would be straight fit on or i would still need to use the increasers / decreasers.

K04-015 is a standard footprint turbo, it drops straight in to the standard installation with the standard TIP.

Its basically pretty much the same turbo as that fitted to the 190hp B6 models.

K04-015 is a standard footprint turbo, it drops straight in to the standard installation with the standard TIP.

Its basically pretty much the same turbo as that fitted to the 190hp B6 models.
Not really, this is a ko4 style xs power turbo with a billet compressor wheel and the turbo inlet is 60mm Kevin, i have fitted it for Yohan...

well its not a k04-015 then is it :p K04-015 is a specific turbocharger sold by BW as a drop in upgrade for early K03 cars.

If its a hybrid then sure you'll need some aftermarket tip.

I got my TIP from frankenturbo but thats only 50mm and they stopped selling standalone units. Might have to fabricate something out of stainless?

Hi All,

Thought i would report back after my hunt around the world for a TIP to fit. So yes as Chris said the Turbo is actually as Hybrid K04-015, so although its a direct bolt on for any K03 A4 it has bigger internals. One outcome of that is that the Turbo intake is 60mm.

Anyway, i searched high and low and made lots of phone calls today and only found 1 company in the US that makes these bigger TIPs, so i thought i would share to save someone else the headache. The company is 034Motorsport and they do (Intake) 2" > 3" (MAF) , 2.5" > 3" and also a 3" > 3" for the really big turbos. Since i had so much trouble, i wonder what you big turbo guys have been doing for TIPs ????

Anyhow, just a about to place the order for the 2.5" > 3" :

http://store.034motorsport.com/turbo-inlet-hose-2-5-silicone-longitudinal-1-8t-w-tt225-maf.html

Hi All,

Thought i would report back after my hunt around the world for a TIP to fit. So yes as Chris said the Turbo is actually as Hybrid K04-015, so although its a direct bolt on for any K03 A4 it has bigger internals. One outcome of that is that the Turbo intake is 60mm.

Anyway, i searched high and low and made lots of phone calls today and only found 1 company in the US that makes these bigger TIPs, so i thought i would share to save someone else the headache. The company is 034Motorsport and they do (Intake) 2" > 3" (MAF) , 2.5" > 3" and also a 3" > 3" for the really big turbos. Since i had so much trouble, i wonder what you big turbo guys have been doing for TIPs ????

Anyhow, just a about to place the order for the 2.5" > 3" :

http://store.034motorsport.com/turbo-inlet-hose-2-5-silicone-longitudinal-1-8t-w-tt225-maf.html
Yohan,

Have you fitted your turbo from xs power what has been your experience with the turbo I only ask as I was looking to buy one myself

Would love to buy a beach buggy turbo but he seems busy. Does anyone have any other suggestions for the price

Hi, Yohan had The turbo fitted for a while, it made a little over 200 Bhp on badger5 dyno however badger could not remap the car for some reason ! In the end he had the car mapped by Unicorn Racing and it made 270 Bhp, very good to drive in the dry but lethal in the wet !

Thanks for the reply, any idea on the supporting mods and how long did the turbo last. Did he go for the one with the billet wheel ?