Turbo issues - 2.0TFSI

yorkster001

Reaction score
Hoping someone can offer some advice on a possible turbo issue on my 07 plate 2.0tfsi.
I am concerned I have a boost leak or worst case a turbo on the way out. The engine had a stage one remap which has caused no issues until recently. I had issues with a reoccurring warning light which a new MAF sensor resolved. I'm led to believe this is not uncommon with modified motors.
The issue I have now only occurs on boost. Usually the motto pulls hard from 2.5k but recently it has lost the pull. It goes through the motions and eventually gets going but it doesn't have the kick which I've become used to. It almost feels and sounds like the clutch is slipping which I know is not the case.
I may be completely off base but I tried to apply logic to the symptoms I am experiencing. Happy to take advice/criticism of it helps remedy the issue.
Cheers

Have you checked your diverter valve? These are prone to giving up the ghost on mapped cars.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Definetly check the diverter valve, you do normaly get a code but not allways. And they are a weak point so worth an upgrade. i used a runtek version of the gfb dv+ Holds boost well now and only £35 off ebay.

Definetly check the diverter valve, you do normaly get a code but not allways. And they are a weak point so worth an upgrade. i used a runtek version of the gfb dv+ Holds boost well now and only £35 off ebay.
Looking like DV is the way forward but heard bad things about eBay bought replacements. Any thoughts?

Latest revision standard item is allegedly much improved.

I have a GFB DV+ on mine. There are a couple of options out there.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The standard revision d is ok now, dont get it off ebay lol. The gfb dv+ as like the runtek version i brought is basicaly keeping ur old solenoid but fitting the new machined piston setup which holds boost better. Do a youtube or google search and it’ll be obvious

And another one! Only mod made to date, and probably the last one!!

If you’re reusing the solenoid with a new piston then you need to take it off and check it still works. My old one looked fine but didn’t do anything with voltage applied. New one clicks open and shut.

I've not tried the DV+ kit , but have tried the oem C, D & G items.
Forget C.
D which Is the newest works fine and will last the longest but still leaks , G is probably the best and what I have fitted now, it may not last last as long as the D but the performance difference between the two is very noticible....I wasn't a believer to start with but having run a new d and then changing to a new G , the latter is better from a performance viewpoint.
Cant comment on the DV+ setup as I haven't tried it, has good reports but without first hand seat of the pants experience I'll cant say.