Turbo replacement

Mikeyboii07

Reaction score
Hi guys looking for some advice. Bought a reconditioned turbo from Turbodiesel for my 8p 2.0tdi 140 (common rail engine) was quoted £315 labour to change it. Supplied the feed pipes and a new service pack for it all. 7 hours @ £45ph. The garage have had it in for almost a week now, they had to buy a replacement turbo damper and went to TPS which was £101 and I’m just a little worried they’re going to charge me a mad amount for labour. They quoted me the price. Not an estimate it was quoted but they’ve said they had to drop the subframe to get to the turbo. Have I been done over

Hi guys looking for some advice. Bought a reconditioned turbo from Turbodiesel for my 8p 2.0tdi 140 (common rail engine) was quoted £315 labour to change it. Supplied the feed pipes and a new service pack for it all. 7 hours @ £45ph. The garage have had it in for almost a week now, they had to buy a replacement turbo damper and went to TPS which was £101 and I’m just a little worried they’re going to charge me a mad amount for labour. They quoted me the price. Not an estimate it was quoted but they’ve said they had to drop the subframe to get to the turbo. Have I been done over
Ideal would have to inform you before hand to say look its more complicated than it seems there are a few issue which mean more work etc and will cost this much additional but he if they have not and they have had to buy part u can expect to cover cost of aditional parts,.but when it come to labour if they didnt say and confirm if you want them yo go ahead with repairs then you can argue it

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk