Turbo upgrades?

d1s

Reaction score
Hi
Got a 2006 2.0TDI with the BRE engine.
I need to replace the turbo, and was just wondering if there are any bolt-on bigger turbos?
I was thinking of getting the GTB2056VK, but I'm unsure if it will fit without any extra parts or modifications.
Anyone got any experience with this?
Thanks

I can make any turbo fit, I fitted a gtb2056vk to a 2.0 tdi and that is still mental to drive ! Where abouts are you based ? You will have to bring the car to N. London as it's not a straight fit !

Reactions: joedredd
I'm based in South Wales, but I will be in London soon. What sort of work, and prices am I looking at?

Hi, do you want me to supply and fit a turbo for you or to just make a turbo fit which you will supply? As above, the gtb2056vk/vl is not a straight fit due to requiring vacuum conversion- the native turbo has an electronic actuator ! It will also require a custom manifold and braided oil feed pipe and drain pipe. I suggest you set a power goal and stick to it, if you want to maximise your nozzles then a gtb turbo has a lot of advantages however there are more turbos that are a lot closer to plug and play than the gtb series !

Can you recommend one of these turbos that are closer to plug and play?
My power goal is 220-230hp without changing my injectors
Thanks

Bring the car to me...I know what to do...

Do you know what turbo you have ? Bv50 or gtb2260vk ?

I can build a Hybrid turbo for you based on a bv50. The gtb2260vk cannot be fitted as the actuator is different and it needs the kkk actuator to work with the ecu. The hybrid should support 300 Bhp without much bother...

Does my turbo have a vacuum or electronic actuator?

You can get a GT22 or GT25 to work on BMK or ASB by changing the ECU to a early 2.7 EDC16

I can build a Hybrid turbo for you based on a bv50. The gtb2260vk cannot be fitted as the actuator is different and it needs the kkk actuator to work with the ecu. The hybrid should support 300 Bhp without much bother...

Golden question; price??

Both are prehistoric turbos with loads of lag...stay with turbos from GTB family...

Sorry forgot to add the "B" bit.

There are better turbo's than GTB's for the money, Borg Warner S200V for a start. Better than any hybrid and a better price!!

Also check forum rule 5.

Last edited:
Golden question; price??

I've found ECU's from £160.

It would depend on what you can get the ECU and GTB22/25. The GTB22/25 is not cheap but a BW S200V is a cheaper and better option (over 400bhp is possible from this turbo) if changing the ECU.

Sorry forgot to add the "B" bit.

There are better turbo's than GTB's for the money, Borg Warner S200V for a start. Better than any hybrid and a better price!!

Also check forum rule 5.
BW s200 is a wastegated turbo, not a patch on a VNT/VGT turbo. I would choose a gt3576klnvr over a BW wastegated turbo however they are hard to get in Europe as they are Japanese market only ! Ball bearing, VNT and twin scroll housing are available with low surge is the best of both worlds ! There is a big gap between medium frame VNT turbos and large frame VNT turbos in garret nomenclature, a gtb25 ball bearing, VGT with an anti surge housing will do really well onto a 2.5-3 L tdi engine !

Reactions: Horia