Turbos, power, do's and dont's

Knoxey

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum so any replys would be great,

Just need some help because I had my 1.9 pd 105bhp custom mapped with a cat back exhaust and then dyno'd and it came in at 202.9 bhp now I was very suprised and allot of other people were as I don't think this is possible with the standard turbo. Can anyone help? is it possible?
And I would also like to know what needs to be changed inorder to reach the 200-240bhp mark. Any information would be good as I know nothing!

Thanks dan

Hello and Welcome to the site

That's serious gains your after. I wouldn't want to run on standard parts surely something will give way very soon.

Personally havent seen any cars with 105 Bhp standard doubling their Bhp on here.

I'm sure someone will be around soon to give advise

Lol not possible surely! Mate I think you've wasted your money, that's one inaccurate dyno... Who did it btw?

^+1 on that.

A stage 1 map on a 2.0tdi 170pd gets them sort of gains!!
something is defo not right, i would also say an inaccurate dyno.
But, if these gains are true, I wouldn't expect your car let alone your turbo to last too long at all on stock parts.

It's quite possible that you could have a hybrid turbo fitted to your car, then you could see circa 200hp though that's still high for just a catback and hybrid.

I'm not familiar with that engine but that's the peak power that a stage 2 hybrid turbo for it could make. I would expect other mods to be 2.5" down pipe decat, EGR delete (if your engine has an egr) at minimum. If you have those mods alongside the hybrid (which would look just like a standard turbo) then yes around 200hp achievable.

Next stage would be cold air intake kit (cai), larger FMIC and larger custom manifold turbo GTB2260VK and bosio race injectors alongside a new map 230-260hp is within grasp.

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/darkside-gtb-turbo-kit-for-1-9-8v-tdi-engines.html

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/race-1-9-2-0-8v-pd-injectors-with-firad-80-or-bosio-r783-nozzles.html

i dont think that is possible.
to even make anything near 170bhp on a 105bhp car you need a full turboback exhaust system a ballbearing turbo a front mounted intercooler along with sone engine mods like forged pistons and conrods.

flying oyster :wtf:second time now.

Whats that mean lol?

So I need a dsg delete, straight through exhaust, front mount intercooler, bigger injectors (150bhp) bigger hybrid turbo (150bhp hybrid) to get near 240bhp? Mine is more than likely at 150bhp now?

dsg delete?? Everything you will need I have posted in the post I made above with links to the bits that you will need to go beyond 200hp read that post mate

dsg delete?? Everything you will need I have posted in the post I made above with links to the bits that you will need to go beyond 200hp read that post mate

Thanks for this info as I am considering the same sort of thing with my 105 pd A3. So just to recap I will need to by a new turbo, then a new intercooler? Would I not also need a new gear box? I'm not to sure what the spec is for the 105 pd engine but would an extra 100bhp not blow it?

Surely it'd just be better to buy a 2.0T in the first place than try a boost a 1.9TDI until it melts.

Well I tell you this.....you must have the only 105TDI with a map and exhaust to hit over 200bhp......that is impossible. Even a good remap Stage 1 will get you to 150bhp so add another 10-15 for the exhaust. Your gonna have to let us in on the secret. Even the 170TDI after a remap and DPF delete will only get max 215bhp. Im totally bewildered.

I must be hitting wrong button audi a3 but as ita annoyed you i might just do it everytime you post lmao