Facelift TVS Engineering TCU sw DQ381 facelift 7 speed dsg

A3SBQ

A3 SportBack 2TFSI quattro DSG
Reaction score
Hi guy.

I friend of mine just tuned his new (only 8600km on the clock) Golf 7R Facelift equipped with the latest and new DQ381 7-speed DSG gearbox. This will be the same as for Audi S3 8v facelift.

Today there is only one player Tuning this gearbox.
It is TVS Engineering from the Netherlands.
APR is working on it.

I have the 7R prefacelift and DQ250 6 speed DSG box.

My first initial test drive did not impress me much. The new 7 speed gearbox is not as smooth as my 6 speed gearbox.

And under WOT and LC. The box is acting up badly. It's like on/off during shifts.

As I am at APR stage 1 Hi torque file and TCU sw. Hi was eager to tune his car.

So today was the day at last.

The car was flashed with APR ECU stage 1 High torque sw v2.3.1 and 98 octane MAP.

And TVS Engineering TCU stag 2+ sw.

Now I can only say Wow! It's hard to describe, but the car has transformed. I already knew that the car would be fast, but we did not expect that the gearbox would transform the car in this way. I must say I can't understand how Volksvagen messed up this gearbox by making the stock OEM software so badly.

Now with the TVS sw the car is so smooth and the shifts are so fast. My friend is all over the moon, and super pleased with his new car.

Guys. I really can't recommend this TVS sw enough for all of you DQ381 / 7 speed boxes.

Even if stock ECU sw. (no tune) I would recommend this TCU sw from TVS Engineering. It's is really amazing.

Cheers.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks for the review - sounds awesome !!

Revo also have TCU software available on the 7 speed box and after experiencing their tune on the 6 speed box this would be my choice. Think MRC and Unicorn in the U.K. are also able to offer this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: AL_B and DJAlix
Trust me, you would want TVS! I tested a few during the last event and it's insane! It handlings 550+ bhp like nothing, in fact, that's what the fastest and 2nd fastest 525 is running on to get those times!

@larbel - You are so right. TVS Engineering are the best on the TCU sw. Have tested several producers and none are able to match.

@Rob2k68 - I am suprised if Revo is mapping the DQ381 TCU sw. Didn't they just release it for the DQ250 MQB TCU???

I also think it is a known fact that many tuning companies are just changing some parameters inside the original sw. Max 20-50 parameters. But TVS Engineering are changing 200 parameters ++.
Clearly this must speak for there quality. They also have there own made test bench for the box to be running outside the car...
Don't think anyone else is doing this...