Two issues with 2019 S3 hatchback. Boot not opening & mirrors not folding

Smdz

Reaction score
Hi,
Could anyone help. I’ve just had a 2019 S3 hatchback delivered today. The boot is not opening from the key but it makes the noise as if it is trying to but then doesnt. I have to manually lift it up with my hand.
And secondly, my side mirrors are not folding in despite having the option to turn ‘folding mirrors’ on & off in car settings. On the driver side door, there isn’t the option for the folding mirrors in. So I’m thinking do the mirrors actually fold in? But then why would the option be there on the car settings.
Has anyone faced similar issues or know a fix?
TIA.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
It's possibly been enabled in mmi but not fitted, can be done but of course that's a cost.

It's possibly been enabled in mmi but not fitted, can be done but of course that's a cost.
Ok thanks. That makes sense. I just assumed that it would be possible because it has the option on the MMI

Boot doesn’t pop up/open with remote on hatch and sportback. Just unlocks it.
you have the wrong switch for folding wing mirrors so can only assume it was enabled on MMI but you don’t actually have the hardware for it.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Boot doesn’t pop up/open with remote on hatch and sportback. Just unlocks it.
you have the wrong switch for folding wing mirrors so can only assume it was enabled on MMI but you don’t actually have the hardware for it.
Hahaha oh man thanks for that info. I’ve only had saloons in the past or my family car Q7. So I was just thinking it doesn’t work and wasn’t aware that sportback doesn’t open the boot. Thanks for the informative reply

Hi,
Could anyone help. I’ve just had a 2019 S3 hatchback delivered today. The boot is not opening from the key but it makes the noise as if it is trying to but then doesnt. I have to manually lift it up with my hand.
And secondly, my side mirrors are not folding in despite having the option to turn ‘folding mirrors’ on & off in car settings. On the driver side door, there isn’t the option for the folding mirrors in. So I’m thinking do the mirrors actually fold in? But then why would the option be there on the car settings.
Has anyone faced similar issues or know a fix?
TIA.
I don't think you have folding mirrors going from that picture

Reactions: Smdz
Hahaha oh man thanks for that info. I’ve only had saloons in the past or my family car Q7. So I was just thinking it doesn’t work and wasn’t aware that sportback doesn’t open the boot. Thanks for the informative reply
You can check the pr codes and see if previous owner just fitted the wrong switch after a repair.
you will find or code on a sticker in boot or service book. Plenty of websites that translate the or codes.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Alternatively you can key your vin number into the MyAudi app and it will give you the full list of features (both standard and options if fitted) for your car in the section headed up My Vehicle in Detail . Mirror functionality is listed under Comfort features.

@Smdz you can get replacement aftermarket rear boot struts that offer automatic opening with a long press of the boot opening remote button. I have a set on my Sportback which I wrote up here.