Two Oil Leaks

SeanTFSI

Sticking with Audi
Reaction score
Following the above thread regarding faulty engines dated 2009 - 2011 I took my car to Audi for a check and test. Unfortunately, it may appear that my engine is not affected as I have been informed by Audi I have TWO leaks in the sump area, one upper and one lower.

He mentioned it looks like a repair was made in the past and I assume this was to sell the car afterwards.

Obviously very nervous about the cost of this... however I can say for sure that my engine is only using oil because of these leaks they've found (awaiting video evidence).

Anyone had this and know rough costs...?

Last edited:
What an ouch! My Rear Wiper decided that it was going to permanently work... Turns out it has leaked and now damaged a cable and the motor..

Does anyone know any (very) rough pricing on a proper fix for an upper and lower sump seal repair?

Now I need to get fixed:

Rear Doors
Oil Leaks
Rear Wiper
Brake Fluid
Spark Plugs

Ouchy!

What was the cost for the sump problems? It's just been mentioned to me that there may be a leak around the sump area?

Anyone know rough costs?

I had the lower sump pan replaced my my 2.0 TFSI for 288 inc VAT. Was a waste of money though as the leak was later found to be coming from the timing chain cover. To find the leak you can cover the area with talcum powder after cleaning it with engine degreaser. Leave the engine running and wait for a dark patch to form where the leak is coming from.

I was looking at £1,700 for the work but my local garage said don't bother, it's not an issue it's just something to keep on top of. "If it isn't on your drive, don't bother".