Tyre advice/help

redspudder

Sparky
Reaction score
Now then fellas
Ive decided on some RS6 5 spoke 18" alloys for the car i think i have a good deal of £570 fitted. 225 40 18
The tyres on offer are Falken ZE912 or Kuhmo KU712 i was wondering if anyone has or has used either of these tyres in the past if so are they any good?
I can get the wheels with Maxis tyres for £550 or cheaper budget tyres for £450 but im staying away from these.I am at the top end of my budget with £570 and have been offered the wheels with Dunlop tyres for £850 but cant really afford this
any coments or advice would be greatfully recieved
cheers
Andy

i had the kuhmos on my old tdi and found them great for the money,no problems at all.

Get premium tyres, I like Goodyear F1 GSD3s. They last well, and wear well on a W rating. Tyres are the single most import component of a car, they are the only thing touching the road! Save cash elsewhere and buy good tyres!

I have run Falkens on all my cars, Focus, Octavia vRS (Which did quite a few laps of the Nurburgring with the Falkens) and now have a pair on the front of the Cabriolet.

I've also ordered some Kuhmo KU31s for my 106 Rallye for track for next year.

As for MAXXIS tyres, NO THANKS - they are a bit 'shiny' for my liking !!!

But its all horses for courses, depending what power the car is, how much you drive the car, how hard you drive the car etc etc etc

To give a comparison from Mytyres (per tyre unfitted)

Falken ZE912 £66.70
Kuhmo Ecsta KH11 £77.20
Kuhmo Ecsta sport KU31 £82.00
Goodyear F1 Asymetric £105.20
Goodyear F1 GS-D3 (only runout stock left) £106.90
Toyo Proxes T1-R £112.00
Michelin Pilot Sport £144.00

So you can see quite a price difference !!!!

Used the Dunlop's and the road noise was horrific. Sounded like my wheel bearings were shot!
Steer Clear!!
Using Pirelli P-Zero's at the moment and they feel good. My first experience with them.

cheers for the advice so far fellas
with regards to top range tyres i dont have the funds to get anymore expensive ones right now.the car is a 1.9tdi sport and TBH i dont drive it that hard as i normally have my daughter in the car but do give it some from time to time from reviews on the net and the feeling on here i get is that falkens and kuhmo's are pretty close and it will be probobly be a test of time thing but i think i will go with the falkens
as for P zeros i used to have a 307 xsi with 17's on and they had P zero's on them i had the car 18months and bought 2 sets of front tyres for it i found they run off very very quickly and have not bought them since and they cost me a ton a tyre at the time,nothing wrong with the tracking or anything just a soft compound tyre

Out of interst mate where are you getting the wheels and tyres from??

Cheers, any chance they have a website.

Remember OEM 18" fitment is 235/40/18 not 225/40 so your speedo will be slightly out...

vrbob-sorry for delay in reply i dont think they have a website but this is the number should you need it,they have a vast array of wheels and accessories
01642 607 272