Tyre choice for S3

oak16v

Reaction score
Whats the best tyre make for Audi S3, Not to concerned about budget as long as its not over £150 a corner.

Or can people give me some pointers to which ones people have used but wouldnt use again.

Cheers

Jon

I use Michelin PS2's on my S3 - they seem to be great tyres for grip in the wet and dry and have decent wear rates.

Others on here have a lot more experience though. Tyre choice will depend on driving style I suppose.

I use Michelin PS2's on my S3 - they seem to be great tyres for grip in the wet and dry and have decent wear rates.

Others on here have a lot more experience though. Tyre choice will depend on driving style I suppose.

ye i use michelins aswell. find them pretty good.

Recently bout some Enduros off ebay - cheaper than the michelins but find them really good, better than the toyos i had on before.

On ebay for £78 for the pair i think.

I have michelin ps2's on the fronts & dunlop's on the rears (which are now due to be changed), unsure wether to go for ps2's for £120 ea or good year f1's at £95 ea, or avon zv5 at £90.

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, anyone have any reccomendations?

Pirelli p6000 they werent that cheap but pretty good allround.
Have had toyos in the past and have been impressed but not great in the wet.

I'll say it again, F1 Assymetrics, why **** about?
and how can you be impressed by a tyre that's not great in the wet? It's the main thing it needs to be good at (at least in the UK)!

Dunlop sp's for me.
Had bridgestone protenza'a on when i got it but they didnt like the wet so understear was all too easy.

Im tempted to stick Uniroyal Rainsports on as they are possibly....the best wet tyre available.

Obviously nowhere near as good as alot of dry tyres available...in the dry obviously.

Dunlops? Good luck with those, at least you should get about 30k miles from those Teflon beauties!

Had pirelli p zeros on before, now got toyo tr-1's. To be honest they were both good and I can't really tell the difference as the car grips to the raod in all conditions. Toyos were £105 each.

Pirelli p6000 they werent that cheap but pretty good allround.
Have had toyos in the past and have been impressed but not great in the wet.
If you like squeeling around corners then they are good, otherwise they're rubbish, imo.

If it was me i would go for one of 3 choices...

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3
Falken FK452
Toyo Proxes T1R

The Falkens win because they're cheaper.

I have had toyo proxes T1-Rs they were decent but as already said they are not the best in the wet!also continental which are a good tyre, pirellis are not bad either!but next im going for the F1's no two ways about it!!

Dunlops? Good luck with those, at least you should get about 30k miles from those Teflon beauties!

Lost me there fella.
It sticks to the road better than it has on any of the others ive tryed... Toyo. Yoko...
They wear at the same rate as the yoko s drives did. Ive done a couple of track days with them and they are fine.

I had pradas on a set of 18s i had on for a while but never realy pushed hard with them on as they were show wheels .I was however told they are not available in the size that is standard on S3's.
That bit might be wrong though.

It's a trade off between grip and wear rate sadly....

I had some michelin PS2's that lasted over 48k on the back of my car! around 20k on the fronts. Eagle F1's last me about 10k at most on the front If I'm lucky, but the gri is MILES better.

I'm yet to find anything that contain my FWD beast in the rain though :(

It's a trade off between grip and wear rate sadly....

I had some michelin PS2's that lasted over 48k on the back of my car! around 20k on the fronts. Eagle F1's last me about 10k at most on the front If I'm lucky, but the gri is MILES better.

I'm yet to find anything that contain my FWD beast in the rain though :(

I've had good experiences with PS2's. They're great on the M3. But the Falkens were dreadful.

My choice would be F1's or PS2's

Had Toyo Proxy T1-R on my 365bhp subaru and thought they were great. When I need to replace my tyres on my s3 I will be buying the Toyos again.

Just bought a set of Vredestein SESSANTA, rated quiet well in the EVO magazine tyre test. I'm pretty impressed so far even with the price of £94 a corner from Elite Tyres.