TYre Choice

Lincoln S3

Reaction score
Hi all , just after your thoughts on tyres if you would . I went to my usual bloke , an independant who gives good service , and after reading threads on here decided to gto for Falken 452s . He has given me a price of 95 quid per corner on 225 40 18 which is a good price , but he said he could do Nexens at the same price and they are a better tyre . What do you think , I have had Nexens on a mk5 GTI and they were ok , is it a better tyre than the Falken lots on here recommend , Cheers

Having had both on different cars I would say that the Falken tyres for me were a lot better. I would think I would feel the same for the Audi.

have Falkens 452s for last two weeks, superb both on the wet and dry, got them off camskill.co.uk great prices

Falken FK452 here too.
Got them for £75 each from camskill and paid a tenner per tyre for fitting and balancing.

Can't fault the tyre really. Pound for pound possibly the best tyre out there.

the 912's are good too,used them on an alfa (2.5 v6,tuned to 220 bhp),did a few track days and event days with them too click me for a vid of it,they held up very very well considering they were not the flagship tyre

mich pilot sport 3s they are 131 from cam silk but i think its worth it

Falken FK452 here too.
Got them for £75 each from camskill and paid a tenner per tyre for fitting and balancing.

Can't fault the tyre really. Pound for pound possibly the best tyre out there.

Just done exactly the same thing so a +1 from me

the 912's are good too,used them on an alfa (2.5 v6,tuned to 220 bhp),did a few track days and event days with them too click me for a vid of it,they held up very very well considering they were not the flagship tyre

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! These tyres were on my astra van when I bought it and they wern't even fit to be on that.
They were also on my STi when I bought it and were removed at 5/6mm due to being so poor.
They don't grip in the dry never mind the wet.
Just fitted a set of PS2s to the S3 yesterday, love them!
Camskill is the way forward!! Cheap delivery too!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! These tyres were on my astra van when I bought it and they wern't even fit to be on that.
They were also on my STi when I bought it and were removed at 5/6mm due to being so poor.

PS2's are faultless

I'm enjoying the GY Eagle F1 Asy 2s I had fitted 2,000 miles back. Good grip dry or wet with lower noise (& cost) than PS3s...

some people have bad experiences with good tyres,Vredestien ultrac sessanta almost killed me but other rave about how good they are,instead of disputing what you say i would suggest the op take the plunge and buy what he thinks is best for him

Anybody know what the quietist tyres are? Putting grip to one side?

Michelin Pilot Exaltos are pretty quiet. Much quieter than RE050s, PS2s or SC3s.