Tyre Choice..

Loneranger

Guys,

My A3 is due a new set of boots on the front. I've found with the S line suspension that the ride is very firm and there is an awful lot of road noise.

Can anyone recommend a tyre that is a little quieter and maybe has a softer ride? or am i being a little anal!

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Change suspension. I'm going for 225/40/18 P Zero Rossos only cuz the handling is immense.

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Anal :p

I dont know what tyre you would go for to lessen road noise but I have bridgestone potenza's RE050 up front and think they are excellent!

Check out good year eagle F1 as well

Problem with a softer tyre is that they will not last as long!

pcmanning

Road noise is aligned to tyre wear as well as brand, so new boots should quiet things down until they wear. I'll add another vote for Eagle F1's (asymentrics) - have them on our A4, and on the TT before that (old style symentric have gone out of production :( ) and they are very good, and really good in the wet. Can't say they were much different in noise levels than the OEM ones though

Paul

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Problem with a softer tyre is that they will not last as long!

Saying that, I know a guy who got 20k out of his Pirelli P Zero Rosso's on his RS6, and he's done 200mph on private test tracks on it!

kaz219

I got conti sport 3s - top tyres :p