Tyre Damage

sa74

Reaction score
Such a stupid thing today talking to neighbour through passenger window when I had to pull in let car past and didn’t see the kerb hitting it and damaging the tyre, the rim protector took most of the damage to the alloy but the tyre sidewall got a small chunk taken out. How bad is this, no exposed cord.

Attachments

• tyre.jpeg
    tyre.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 147
It is just rubber at that point so you could just leave/glue it back down, or use it as an opportunity to upgrade to some decent rubber, got a bit of cracking going on there too.

I would be more worried about the alloy damaging the tyre
There’s a section of alloy been bent/twisted so not flat like it’s meant to so could be digging into the tyre.
BF407FC6 9792 4E6C 8544 FA055BFB42F2

No that’s the plastic rim protector that took the brunt on the damage, I’ve checked and nothing like that has happened, other than the tyre, there is a small 1 or 2 cm nick in the alloy.

Reactions: AlS3BE
No that’s the plastic rim protector that took the brunt on the damage, I’ve checked and nothing like that has happened, other than the tyre, there is a small 1 or 2 cm nick in the alloy.
Good stuff. Looks like the rim protector did a good job. I did think the damage looked a bit strange for a light kerbing.
Probably wouldn’t worry too much about the tyre to be honest as that’s the rim protector part that’s taken the beating. Will need to keep an eye on it for pressure loss as that’s a sign it’s needing replaced.