Tyre pressure alert

royalsteve68

Reaction score
Driving home today and a warning came up on the dash advising of a rear right tyre pressure loss.Got home and turned off on couple times and didn't clear. Must admit doesn't feel right though that coule be my imagination. Guess it could be a slow puncture from a screw or a tyre failure

Anyone else had this. Odd I only inflated the tyres 2 days ago as per the door sticker and everything was fine.

My TT loaner flashed this little gem up today as well - looked around and everything seemed fine.

I wonder if it a hangover from the really cold weather?

Once it’s triggered it won’t reset.

Go into the MMI and Car menu, servicing and checks... reset the tyre pressures when you know it is alright.

If you inflate the tyres and don’t reset the TPMS every time and it can cause upset because the diameter of the wheel is changed.

Reactions: RS3 S.
Interesting. Cars too clever for their own good. I might get it checked by the chief tech at audi for free. Strange how it's just alerted on one but not all and taken 2 days to report an issue. I thought you only get tpms if you specced it. I didn't spec it.

Interesting. Cars too clever for their own good. I might get it checked by the chief tech at audi for free. Strange how it's just alerted on one but not all and taken 2 days to report an issue. I thought you only get tpms if you specced it. I didn't spec it.

You don’t have it. What you’re describing is standard fit.

TPMS gives live temperature and pressure readings from each wheel and is displayed in the dash.

It’s likely a slow puncture yes.

You don’t have it. What you’re describing is standard fit.

TPMS gives live temperature and pressure readings from each wheel and is displayed in the dash.

It’s likely a slow puncture yes.
Agreed if I was a betting man then it has all the hallmarks of a slow puncture and I wouldn't be surprised if a screw or nail is the culprit. Damn annoying as tyres only 5 months old with 2500 miles. Likely I'll have to change both rears, unless by some miracle I can get away with one.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Agreed if I was a betting man then it has all the hallmarks of a slow puncture and I wouldn't be surprised if a screw or nail is the culprit. Damn annoying as tyres only 5 months old with 2500 miles. Likely I'll have to change both rears, unless by some miracle I can get away with one.

If I'm mega lucky I might be able to get away with puncture repair

Jesus I’ve done 3700 on mine in 6 weeks and I’ve got a puncture too from a pothole

Way to figure this short of checking all of your tyres all around, correct the air pressure and then go into the MMI to reset the TPMS.

If it flags up in a day or two, you know you have a slow puncture. It’s sensitive! My granddad’s A3 always has well maintained tyre pressures, but twice now on two sets of tyres when the tyres get low he gets a TPMS warning because the rolling diameter has changed.

I’ve had a puncture too which was repaired, so so frustrating.

Reactions: RS3 S.
Way to figure this short of checking all of your tyres all around, correct the air pressure and then go into the MMI to reset the TPMS.

If it flags up in a day or two, you know you have a slow puncture. It’s sensitive! My granddad’s A3 always has well maintained tyre pressures, but twice now on two sets of tyres when the tyres get low he gets a TPMS warning because the rolling diameter has changed.

I’ve had a puncture too which was repaired, so so frustrating.
I'll check it tomorrow and reset it and give it quick run out if needed and see what happens

Reactions: AudiNutta
Getting the chief tech to check your tyre pressures? I thought I was bad...! ;)

Reactions: AudiNutta and 45bvtc
Echo some of the above. Reset the system once you adjust the tyres pressures. I have even found that the warning will trigger after a week or two even though I reset the saved values. Seems a bit strange, but all worked out OK and with no punctures.

Reactions: AudiNutta and RS3 S.
Mine did this on the way into work this morning, stated loss of pressure, check all tryes and reset MMI if ok. I pulled onto the hard shoulder and checked and all were fine. Have reset via MMI and hope it's ok when i try to leave later on.

Checked the tyre, seemed ok. Went to Reading Audi and spoke to service and the chief technician came out. He confirmed what i was hoping that I needed to click on the option in the MMI to confirm the tyre tempa - error has disappeared. My wifes S3 2014 doesnt have this option, hence why i never seen it. I presume this is only something thats on the facelift S3 / RS3 and possibly other facelift A3 models, so post 2015

Mild panic over for now. Hopefully is doesnt return

Mine did it a couple of weeks after having new tyres fitted even though I had stored the correct pressure in the MMI. 80 miles from home on a Sunday afternoon & only the can of squirty **** in the boot I pulled over & checked the tyres, expecting the worst,all looked good &
did the re-set in the MMI at the road side & it's been off since.

Reactions: Gralegav