Tyre pressure Audi s3

Im pretty sure on the sticker that is on the inside of petrol cap it says 36psi all round for 3 people with a little luggage (i guess a good average so i normally stick around this unless being loaded up).

Had a look inside the petrol cap and that is for standard size alloys, just wondering what pressure people were putting in on there 18's

If you look at the sticker in the fuel cap it tells you for 18"s as well because they were a factory option i believe, thats whats on mine. 36psi is what Audi recomend for 18"s.

On my 17's i run 35psi all round and the car handles very well but i do have alot of suspension mods so that will help.

Reactions: Jimgrim77
Hello,

Our website displays all the current Audi tyre pressures. If you enter your specific type of S3 including engine size you should see the results specific to you. Please see the link below:

S3 tyres. Search for Audi S3 tyres

Happy driving!

The rezulteo team

Hello,

Our website displays all the current Audi tyre pressures. If you enter your specific type of S3 including engine size you should see the results specific to you. Please see the link below:

S3 tyres. Search for Audi S3 tyres

Happy driving!

The rezulteo team

Weird - it recommends an 8L S3 to need only 2.1 bar in both front and rear on 18"s. That's only 29 - 30psi!

There's a difference between manufacturer's recommended tyre pressures, and forum members preferred tyre pressures!

I was actually tweaking my pressures lap by lap on my S3 at Bedford Autodrome to settle with my setup which suits my driving style, everyone is different!

32 back and front, normally no other passengers

The S3 is not some kind of formula one car. If your driving normally with the occasional sprint is there really much difference in handling between 32 - 35 psi ?

I run 33-35 front and usually 36-37 rear. My car car sometimes just me be or sometimes 3 lads and 3 bikes on the back so I always leave them up and I have never noticed any issues. Tyre brand must come into some of it anyway.

Mines the same. 32 all around. I have however been tinkering with the idea of 33 fronts and 34 rears.. might try it.

It's fine for us but to be fair it doesn't get driven hard.

Like I said before, everyone is different. With 35psi all round, I guess driving around normally, the car would feel quite responsive in directional change, but the ride should be quite firm, and if you actually push the car to it's limit, it will leg go more suddenly, especially in the wet!

The S3 is not some kind of formula one car. If your driving normally with the occasional sprint is there really much difference in handling between 32 - 35 psi ?

Again, it's upto you to explore the limits of your chassis. Even one psi makes a difference to handling characteristics believe it or not! On my S3 specifically, I would get understeer up front with 33psi or more on one certain bends @Bedford autodrome, I dropped it by one psi lap by lap, and 32psi up front just gave me more grip and confidence to attack the corner quicker, tried 31psi aswell, it was even more front end grip, but I could feel the tyre flexing more, so upped it back to 32psi up front. Rear is subjective, depends if you like a loose back end or a planted on? but it does effect turn in aswell, adjusting the rear pressures.

I've tried 34 fronts and it wheelspins in the wet! I thinks 32 fronts and 33-34 rears would be he best on 17" avus. Although my tyres might need changing, done over 10k semi hard miles on them!