Tyre Pressures?

stevependleton

Reaction score
I've just tried to check tyre pressures on my 1.4 TFSI Sport and can't find what they should be.

The only reference I can find in the manual is that there's supposed to be a chart stuck to the edge of the drivers door but it's not there on my car.

Just wondering if any one knows what they should be for the standard Sport 17" wheels?

And I'll be in touch with my dealer about the missing chart this week.

Cheers,

Steve

They're usually on the inside frame of the driver's door...

Here you go, taken from A3 2.0 TDI 150 PS Sport (8V).

Attachments

• Tyre_Pressure.jpg
    Tyre_Pressure.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,465
All you need to do now is ascertain which one is correct for your tyres; the top one or the bottom one?

Thanks for the help guys, just been in to my dealer and for some reason my car hasn't had the sticker fitted. Apparently there's none in the UK either so one's been ordered from Germany for me.

I appreciate the photo mjc just what I needed to know.

All you need to do now is ascertain which one is correct for your tyres; the top one or the bottom one?

Good question! I've always wondered what the answer to this is if you have R18 wheels. Is it the top one or the bottom one? The pressures are very different depending on which one you choose.

From my 1.4 TFSI Sport:

32 front / 29 rear on 17" wheels

IMG_20140707_090057.jpg

Just to note the need to be wary on this; my sticker is quite different from those posted above. My car is a MY14 3dr 1.8 TFSI S line on Sport suspension.

Attachments

• IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 4,277
Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm still unsure which of the 2 sets of stated pressures it should be? What do all the extra numbers & letters mean after the radius R17/R18 ?

The first set, eg: 92Y is the speed rating.
XL is Extra Load.
No idea about the rest.

Thanks. I guessed that H, V & Y were the speed rating - not that the tyres on mine match any of those. I thought the pictures of people and suitcases indicated the load though?

XL means that the tyre is multiple reinforced with a very high load capacity. M+S is Mud and Snow - not a proper winter tyre but "a tyre with a tread pattern and structure designed to better performance in snow than that of a normal tyre”.

M+S is Mud and Snow - not a proper winter tyre but "a tyre with a tread pattern and structure designed to better performance in snow than that of a normal tyre”.

I believe that all winter tyres, ie. those with a snowflake symbol on the sidewall, are also labelled M+S. So the M+S pressures effectively apply to winter tyres as well.

For the S Line 18" tyre there are two normal load tyre pressure settings (three passengers etc..)

39psi front 36psi rear- This is the standard setting.

However for more of a "comfort" ride you can opt for the...

35psi Front 32psi rear - This is the "comfort" setting. It says the MPG isn't as good using this setting.

After 6000 miles in my A3 I have just switched to the "comfort" setting and the handling does feel better! It would be good to see what other people think....I might just be imagining it:racer:

Last edited: