Tyre Pressures

TTLAW

Reaction score
Hi

Has anybody got experience of using the comfort pressures indicated on the pressure sticker on the drivers door?

I checked my pressures recently and all tyres were over inflated from new. I have reduced them to the comfort pressures indicated and the car is much more comfortable now. It’s got the optional 19” wheels on it.

I just wondered if anybody else had done this and noticed much difference or an increase in wear?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Psi are your tyres currently at now?

Recommended on the S5 is front 38 psi and rear 35 psi

Hi

Has anybody got experience of using the comfort pressures indicated on the pressure sticker on the drivers door?

I checked my pressures recently and all tyres were over inflated from new. I have reduced them to the comfort pressures indicated and the car is much more comfortable now. It’s got the optional 19” wheels on it.

I just wondered if anybody else had done this and noticed much difference or an increase in wear?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Problem with the comfort setting is that the outside edges will wear quicker, I have mine set to the normal one.

Sorry to revive an old thread..

Recently became the owner of a 2017 S5..and have been having a weird steering issue where the car would suddenly pull slightly to the left or right with no warning. Didn't really have a consistent pattern to it either but always made me have to tighten the grip on the wheel to straighten up.

check my pressures today and they were set to 34 at the back and 30 on the front which didn't seem to match the label on the drivers side door.

I've increased pressures to what the label recommends, 39 front, 38 back, and that seems to have improved things a fair bit. Will see how it goes..

anyone else had similar issues? looked it up and it looks like what i'm describing is tramlining.