Tyre question!

Oscar8

Reaction score
Just bought a set of 9j Audi tt wheels, unfortunately two tyres have gone though. Theyre currently wrapped in 245 40 18's but I'm just wondering if I can replace the two shot ones with 235 40 18's...

Would this be a good idea?

Thanks in advance!

Wheels. You would probably need at least 12mm spacers leaving the wheels sticking out about 30mm more than a standard S3/S-Line wheel.

Whats the offset of the wheels? I have 19 x 9J ET42 on the rear of my A3 and they are grand.

You'd probably be best looking for 225/40/18 to give a bit more clearance around the arch

They're ET51 chap, Ive heard that the fronts will be a bit tricky though.. would 225 40 18 be slightly stretched? Also, because two tyres are basically new, would I be able to have say 245 on the back and 225 on the front? Or would this be not advised

Tyres need to be 225/40 ideally 245 will be too big and alter the speedo etc

I'd say you'd need a 8mm spacer to get them fitted on the front. 225 will have a slight stretch on a 9J rim, it should look good though.

I ran 225s on the front and 235s on the rear of my car without any issues. As long as the tyre profile is the same on all four wheels and the tyre width is the same on each axle. Is your car quattro? Some argue that all four tyres should be the same for quattro cars, I don't think different tyre widths will pose an issue though.

PM N8 on here, he's the local wheel guru and should be able to tell you if the wheels will fit or not!

Ok thanks! My mates got some 235 40 18 tyres would these be sufficient or would I HAVE to have 225's to actually make it work??