TYRE Recommendation Required - HELP

ZACK

Reaction score
Need to replace all four tyres for my S3 - what shall i get and why...
Any idea if Blackcircles.com is the best?

PS this forum rocks!

Depends what your looking for out of your tyres mate. I personally really rate Yokohama Parada's.

Get a quote from blackcircles fully fitted, find the local fitter they recommend, then call them direct and get an even better offer, usually about another 15% cheaper.

I am looking for about 15k miles of use, grip in the dry with not too much sacrifice in the wets. I have Bridgestones at the moment and they are great in the dry (well its because its nearly slicks) in the wet its like a dog trying to run on wet tiles.
Been looking at www.tyrereviews.co.uk, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric seem to get some pretty good reviews.

Camskill had TOYO T1R's on offer last month, mine have been excellent, before these i ran Eagle f1 GSD3 and would also recommend these.

conti sport 2's are a good all rounder which will last. What more do you need, their £100 per corner.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta £82 a corner for a 2254517 - however like T1R and F1's a soft tyre so may last up to 12k

Hey Guys Thanks for the advice.
Now am going to read up on the Parada, Conti and Vredesteins.
Thanks again! :happy:

After all the malarkey I ended up with the 'Vredesteins' Ultracs only was concerend about the assymetry of the sessantas, my car seems to be pretty sensitive.

Comments on the Vredesteins - so far 15 miles they are great and for all four fitted at only £328! Seem to stick well in the dry waiting for some rain for a wet test

Got a set of 4 Conti sport Contact 2's on the car, I honestly never thought tyres could make so much difference. I 'upgraded' from Uniroyal 550 sports 'raintyre'. I heard the conti's wear out quick, but so far I highly recommend them. £320 from E-tyre.com

MODEL NAME: GOODYEAR TYRES / CAR / GOODYEAR F1 GSD3 EAGLE GOODYEAR F 1 GSD 3 - 225/40R18 92Y XL

90 delivered to you door is a good deal ! On Camskill nder offers​

I run Yokohama Advans in 235/45 17

Very good and sticky tyre

I am getting a full set of the Eagle F1 GSD3 tomorrow, they have had great reviews for wet & dry conditions, look the business and because I needed them.

Thank you mastercard! :thumbsup:

paradas look betterer :eyebrows:
bigeydoutsidecoombe-1.jpg

I have to admit they look real good.

I had to get these tyres as my MOT guy told me two were n't legal anymore so he let it slide for today as long as I got them tomorrow. To make it worse no one local had stocks, so I grabbed the GSD3's, thou I was also eyeing up the Dunlop SP9000's.

:eyebrows:

No no no don't get me wrong,Goodyears are very good but not paradas are sexy (and a bit slidey in the wet)

How long are parada's lasting you guys? I'm think of getting some.

10k at the moment and plenty on them
nice avatar:notme:

So the Parada's are not great in the wet?

When i replace mine i want to find a quiet tyre that is very good in wet - I'm thinking Goodyear F1's as they are good in the wet - Bridgestone's are the quiet ones so i have been told...any ideas