Tyre Wear A4 1.4TFSi

kiter

Reaction score
Hey folks, got a bit of a shock today, giving the car a once over and notice my front tyres are already on the limit. Car has only done 8k and I'm genuinely not hard on the right foot, average consumption over last 6k is sitting at 43.9mpg and that's a mix of town and open roa. Never had tyres wear out this quickly. Its Pirellis that it came on. Anyone else experienced this? Seems to be right down the centre where they have worn.

Pirelli tyres generally and P-Zeros especially have an almost legendary reputation for wearing out quickly - that said I used to get 18,000 to a set on my previous RSQ3 with 340PS on tap - but on-demand 4 wheel drive to help out. Your challenge is probably having front-wheel drive only on quite a heavy car, the front rubber scrabbles for grip when pulling away from junctions?

If they are over inflated then they have been like this since the car was collected back in april, pretty sure dealer did a health check at the end of June when I got the audi dash cam fitted too. I'll check the pressures tomorrow in day light. I make a lot of use of the adaptive cruise so in town stop start is controlled by the car and not me. Wont be Pirellis that will be going on as replacements if they are known for this sort of poor performance.

If they are over inflated then they have been like this since the car was collected back in april, pretty sure dealer did a health check at the end of June when I got the audi dash cam fitted too. I'll check the pressures tomorrow in day light. I make a lot of use of the adaptive cruise so in town stop start is controlled by the car and not me. Wont be Pirellis that will be going on as replacements if they are known for this sort of poor performance.

Audi have a reputation for over inflating tyres though. It's the first thing I check when I collect a new car from them and over the past few they've been consistently 8-10psi higher than they should be.

Reactions: cuke2u
All manufacturers cars come from the factory over inflated tyres whilst being transported, however, and quite often, dealerships do not check the tyre pressures on a PDI.

Reactions: Daggerit