Tyres for B7 2.0TFSI SE

whitelightning

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to replace the tyres on my B7 2.0TFSI SE soon and I'm after some advice. Currently got Dunlop SP SPORT MAXX fitted, size 235/45R17.

Can anyone recommend any other tyres? My budget is £130 per corner. I'm also looking at Pirelli PZero Rosso, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 and Bridgestone Potenza RE050A. No idea how they peform on the car.

Also any recommendations on online retailers or tyre shops in Manchester?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

WL

I've got Michelin Primacy HP's on all 4 corners on my A4. They've been great so far (had them on for 10 months now), quiet, and they grip the road really well even in the wet. They're not the cheapest but they do last a little longer than cheaper tyres so you break even. I managed to get them for £80 a corner with some blagging at National tyres (I also have 205/55/16V wheels so they will be cheaper than your 17" wheels). I've heard good things about Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta but not used them myself.

I had Toyo Proxes CF1 on the front and Dunlop Sport SP01 on the back when I got the car, the Toyo's were terrible, really noisy and grip was dangerous. The Dunlops weren't too bad but had to go as one was shot and the other had enough tread but had a bulge on the inside wall.

Costco (near the Trafford Centre) are a Michelin reseller and they've started to sell Continental too so they may be worth a shot. If you're not desperate for new tyres, wait till theres a 25% off offer at National or Kwik Fit and get them to price match Costco if theyre cheaper

are sure there 17's my 2.0tfsi Special Edition has 18's and nearly all the others ive seen have too?
ive just put 4 cheaper than cheap budgets on mine coz im currantly outa work n skint
normaly run falkens or bridgestone but will be swapping to Michelin's after talking to a mate in the trade says they offer the best all round preformance and millage so when i order my new rims when im back in work i will be ordering them with some nice shinney Michelin's

Just had Pirelli P Zero Rosso's fitted to my S-Line SE. Fantastic. Grip as good as the Conti's but much quieter and handles the ruts and bumps better. Bought 4 so managed to get them for £120 per wheel.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

First of all, to find a retailer near manchester, you can follow this link to find the closest retailer

Considering that your tyre size is 235 45 R17 94Y, there are several good tyre choices available, for less than your budget.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

You can find these from £121, and they are good value for money. They're a very recent tyre, new generation, and they perform well. You can find more about their performance here.

For a little more you could get the ContiSportContact 5. This tyre hasn't been out for so long, and it's really the showcase product for Continental. We were actually able to test it for ourselves on the Portimao circuit in Portugal, and we were highly impressed. However, they are more expensive, exceeding your budget a little (from around £143).

There are older tyres that are also on the market which would do the job just fine, such as the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT (£117), and the Pirelli Pzero Rosso (£125) etc...

As you can see, you're not short of options. Let us know which one you decide on!

The rezulteo team