Tyres on 19” rim

mrobbie

Reaction score
Hi

I was starting my clear out ahead of my S4 arriving and my BMW 5 series winter wheels were top of the list. The alloys obviously won’t fit, however I thought the tyres might?

They are 255/40/19...

bigger diameter than standard 245-35/19 which means the speedometer will show marginally higher than actual speed, but for winter timewould this work?

I’m not keen on the factory 19” standard alloys - didn’t have a choice on that as my S4 is due to a rejected SQ5 and I ended up with a car the dealership already had on order already spec’d

My thought was put the above winter tyres on the factory alloys, put the factory tyres on a new set of alloys, and sell the BMW alloys.

Any info / pictures of the above tyre sizes on an S4 etc appreciated

Difference you have between the two tyre sizes is marginal so I wouldn’t bother much.
Sightly bigger change you have in tyre width than it’s diameter due to higher profile wall.

Seen somewhere on yt an option to code in new wheel size via vcds.
Worth looking into if planning to hold on to the particular wheel size.
Both vcds site sponsors are able to answer possibility of coding in to your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrobbie
What is the offset and width on the rims you will be using? Your speedo will be slower not faster with 255/40/19. I think your offset is ET40 with a 8.5j width. So I’ve done some rough calculations. It’s nearly 5% difference on the clock. 13mm ride high increase. See below.

What tyres are they. winters?
52a924ad7f2f5f0e944449e4396f138e.jpg
337c66926dd015961f5b299d8b54c130.jpg

Hmmm, that’s more than I expected / hoped it would be. Sounds like they may be too big?

Does seem a little too much out of spec personally. I’m running 255/35/19 on 8.5j which is only 1.06% out.

With winters you also tend to go down in size.