Tyres Recommendation!!

nu boy

Reaction score
Hi guys I want to get some tyres for my a3 and i found a company called tyretrader.com they seem to be the cheapest :o.k:sellers so far and was wondering :think:if any one had heard of them or had bought tyres from them in the past.

Cheers

The best way to get cheap tyres is to log on to blackcirlcles.com, choose your tyres, opt for local fitting, make a note of who they recommend locally, then call them direct and they will undercut the black circles quote.
I've now found a brilliant supplier/fitter 2 miles away - Goodyear F1's at 225/40/18 £109 and 205/55/16's for £67 each all available next day.
tyretrader.com aren't even that cheap.

Have you tried mytyres.co.uk??

They are pretty good with decent prices as well....

The best way to get cheap tyres is to log on to blackcirlcles.com, choose your tyres, opt for local fitting, make a note of who they recommend locally, then call them direct and they will undercut the black circles quote.
I've now found a brilliant supplier/fitter 2 miles away - Goodyear F1's at 225/40/18 £109 and 205/55/16's for £67 each all available next day.
tyretrader.com aren't even that cheap.

Blimey mate, whos that outta interest?

Eagle F1s are good, they just wear fairly quickly, Yoko Pradas seem to come highly reccomended too, and I do like my P Zero Nero things

Auto Trade Tyres on 02380-335470
They're on the small industrial estate behind the old Meridian studios in Soton

The one where you can pick yourself up a cheap ho on a street corner after about 7pm?! Used to work at Meridian and the sights you'd see trying to drum up business made you feel sick at times. :puke:

P Zero rossos / P Zero Neros!!!! or the sport contacts! all good.... I was looking on a site not so long that gave ratings on Wear, speed, handling etc... The toyo proxes t1r came out better than the P Zeros i believe!

Auto Trade Tyres on 02380-335470

Good Work Andy been looking for a cheap tyre place locally!!

Might have to look for some new shoes for my car now.

Yeah got to agree with AndyMac on this one. Always try a local dealer they are better at cutting deals than a company on the net. I got a set of Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta on all four shoes for £326 all in. the net cheapest was £80 a corner + delivery. These tyres came second on the Evo test and so far are good value and nice grip when warm.

Thanks Guys For all you suggestions.

Goodyear F1's at 225/40/18 £109 available next day.

Bracknell Tyres do those for me at 90 a tyre fitted next day delivery if you order before 2pm. Same size toyos at 85.

I know Micheldever Tyres near Basingstoke do the same price also.

Used to use Micheldever, but really can't be ***** to go through the queing again, took over an hour last time, and they definately weren't £90 a tyre, £107 IIRC

Was 6 months ago when i got mine.

You queue for about 1.5 hours at bracknell. Money saved is worth it though.

In fact, just check www.mytyres.co.uk whom Bracknell and Mitcheldever match for me, and they are 97 per GSD3.

So theres a 40 saving instantly on a full set tyres.

Both Bracknell and Mitcheldever will fit for the same price as mytyres supply only.

Queing and the drive isn't worth a £20 saving as I rarely buy tyres in 4's. My time is slightly more expensive than that, even for a McDonalds employee that equates to over a tenner + fuel.
Autrotrade tyres are 2 minutes away and take 20 minutes per pair.

Aye, if you arent close makes no sense.

By your reasoning as I work down the road and I get tyres fitted in work time, my tyres are in essence, free :)

Cool, £120 an hour is a decent wage, you must be an Audi technician (or high class hooker)?