Tyres???

vince, A3 turbo

Reaction score
Alright guys
I've recently had my car mapped and I can't put the power down.
so I was wondering what tires u guys use and Recommend,
Cheers

been covered alot this.
falken FK452 - very cheap for a performance tire, lots of people choose these, i myself use them.
michelin pilot sports - expensive, but good
continental contisport - as above, good and widely used
vredestein ultrac - id like to use these next. becoming very popular. pricey though

I know i will probably get slated for this but Uniroyal are good tyres, especially coming into the rainy season.

i've got Coopers on mine at the minute, 60 ish quid a corner and have a good warranty on them and replaced with credit depending on how much tread they have left etc etc.

They were put on my 16's to keep things legal and they're fine, quiet, loads of grip, good in the wet, OK in the snow and seem to be lasting well. I'd suggest them to anyone who wants a 'budget ish' decent tyre.

Oh, they seem to be better than the goodyear F1's they replaced... certainly for wear and wet weather performance.

Wicked thanks guys, I've bin reading loads of reviews this evening and like Irishdave said the Uniroyal RainSport 2s seem to be a good choice for the weather were getting i'n to,
Is any one using theses tires ? If so how have they bin?
I'm after some 225-45-17s

Rainsport 2's are good from what I've seen of them.

Alright guys
I've recently had my car mapped and I can't put the power down.
so I was wondering what tires u guys use and Recommend,
Cheers

Pirelli P Zero Corsa's :thumbsup:

No seriously, FK452's are good. My girlfriend has them and they seem very good for road tires.

i've got Coopers on mine at the minute, 60 ish quid a corner and have a good warranty on them and replaced with credit depending on how much tread they have left etc etc.

They were put on my 16's to keep things legal and they're fine, quiet, loads of grip, good in the wet, OK in the snow and seem to be lasting well. I'd suggest them to anyone who wants a 'budget ish' decent tyre.

What model tyre are they mate?

Another vote for Goodyear eagle f1 assymetrics and Falken 452s

My Vredestein Ultrac's on the rs4 have worn very quickly.

Another vote for Goodyear eagle f1 assymetrics and Falken 452s

My Vredestein Ultrac's on the rs4 have worn very quickly.
you drive like a maniac. plus all them passenger rides

i've not heard one bad thing about uniroyals. dont be afraid of names that arent as established as the likes of michelin and pirelli. its just a name.

OH GOD DAMN it! maybe a little bit..

ive recently put on BF Goodrich, G force profilers 90quid a corner for a 225 45 17Y
Not a bad price, they have plenty of grip!! even better in the rain!!

Uniroyal Rainsport 2`s have decent grip but the only issue i have with them is the sidewalls. They`re stupidly soft and bendy!

Other popular choices are Toyo Proxes, Parada spec 2`s are awesome in the dry weather, pretty useless in the wet though if you`re pushing it.

Im still wanting to try the new Nexen N9000 but they`re a bit iffy on the sizes. Michelin helped them develope it and apparetly for a cheap tyre they`re very good.

Cheers guys. I've gone for the toyo Tr1 s and I love them,
Great grip round corners and puts power down i'n 1st i'n damp conditions and has greatly reduced understeer even tho there still being worn in, defoo recommended,

Jason s, I was using the N9000 and to be fair I did like them in the dry but it was abit scary pushing it i'n the wet and I would always find my self over the centre of the road,

I run goodyear eagle F1, not a bad all round tyre - good in the wet and dry, wear seems to be alright too

Another one for Falken have found them to be really good even in the wet and no problems putting the power down :thumbsup:

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta..... I've just put them on mine and I can't fault them...
8cc91b92.jpg

Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 2's on mine all round. They are a great tyre, better than the original F1.

G

Michelin Pilot Sport 3's...nothing else compares to them for everyday driving. Grip better in all conditions than any other tyre and durable to boot. Worth the extra £30 per tyre for the fact that they'll last 4000 miles more. Had Falken 452's prior as heard they were 'performance tyres' and nearly ended up in a ditch after about 5 minutes in the wet...the S3 drives like bambi on ice with those things on and I wouldn't touch them again.

Toyo T1R's are good but don't last as do many others.

Bottom line, you buy cheap...you buy twice and essentially the tyres are what keep you on the road. Like Heinz baked beans...don't skimp on them...buy the best!

Uniroyal Rainsport 2`s have decent grip but the only issue i have with them is the sidewalls. They`re stupidly soft.

Agree 100% with you there mate, good but way to soft to push hard on, the rim prity much ends up on the road lol