Tyres

Jama665

Reaction score
Having owned 2 a4 quattro's it seems they eat the outside edges of the front tyres

I was wondering if anyone's found a tyre that performs best against this.

Have 255 35 19s

Thanks

That's sounds like you cars needed tracked bud. I've had two quattros also and didn't have this. Hankook seem to be decent.

I know that's what I thought but I've had that checked out and it's fine. Although the wear is less on the B8 compared to the B6 I had. Just seem to wear quicker on the outside edges than anywhere else. Literally the fist inch of the outside goes bold before the rest wears to the indicators. Maybe I go around to many corners haha. Tyres I have on currently are michelin super sports. Was going to give the Dunlop sport maxx ago next but open to suggestions.

I've not had the B8 long so this will be the first tyre change on it for me. Maybe the michelin super sports are a bit softer and Wear quicker.

My S4 wares the tyres quite evenly,maybe you should lower yours to even out the wear lol

Tyre wise I have Hankook on the S4 & rate them highly

Reactions: ruairi83
I wore my contisport from outside but that was due to driving style and heavy foot in certain corners

I've always worn my outside edges faster on all my cars, but I do tend to take corners maybe a little faster than I should! I've had extra camber dialed in to try and keep more tyre in contact with the road when cornering to try and wear them more evenly

Reactions: ruairi83
I've got Dunlop Sportmaxx on 19 inch rims and I am very pleased with them. Quiet with good predictable handling in the wet and dry.