Tyres

cooney6

Reaction score
Can I replace my current Bridgestone 225/40/R18/88Y with a 92W without invalidating my insurance should the worst happen ?

I wouldn't have thought so. Are you planning to drive above 168mph?

The load rating is higher so that's not an issue.

I wonder what insurance companies set their limits at. Even an S speed rating is well above the legal limit!

Since when do tyres invalidate insurance policies :S

WTFudge ?

I've got Conti Sport 3 on mine and never bothered telling them :S - Do i need to?

Since when do tyres invalidate insurance policies :S

WTFudge ?

I've got Conti Sport 3 on mine and never bothered telling them :S - Do i need to?

I've heard the Conti Sport 3's have a built in flux capacitor which can increase performance, you should be careful. :sadlike:

To answer your question: no as cooney6 was asking about the speed rating not the make/brand of tyre. :yes:

My understanding, albeit based on Australian regs, is that so long as any tyres used meet or exceed the speed and load rating specs of the OEM tyre then you should be okay. As noted 92W is better than 88Y, so go for gold son!

My understanding, albeit based on Australian regs, is that so long as any tyres used meet or exceed the speed and load rating specs of the OEM tyre then you should be okay. As noted 92W is better than 88Y, so go for gold son!

W is lower than Y mate.

I wouldn't have thought so. Are you planning to drive above 168mph?

The load rating is higher so that's not an issue.

I wonder what insurance companies set their limits at. Even an S speed rating is well above the legal limit!

lol that made me laugh

tyre speed rating doesnt make a difference to insurance....:uhm: cant do surely!

All the sites I found said that changing the speed rating COULD invalidate your warranty. I guess you'd have to call your own company.

I personally think thats stupid, unless you change your standard tyres for somethin like toyo's r888's i dont see the problem!

Agreed. As I said, even S rated are good for 110mph!