Tyres

jdas03

Reaction score
Hi,
I know this topic has been done to death.
I currently have pirelli pzeros on my 18" TT wheels for my S3.
size wise they are 225/35, the tyres don't offer the wheels a great deal of protection at present and the time has come to replace them.
I was wondering if moving up a size or two how this would affect handling and ride and also whether it would fit?
I was looking at either 235/35 or 245/35 or larger to protect the wheels a bit? which would you guys recommend?
Also with regard to where to buy, wheres cheapest?
Also what makes are good, i want a good set of tyres for road and track use, but i want to save money and not spend a fortune!

Any comments would be fantastic!

CHeers

Depending on the tyres you buy, 235 40 18 would offer fairly good rim protection. A 35 profile on 18" alloys is a bit on the low side, you could also go for 245 35 18 but this could be a little too wide for the front and when they get worn they'll start tram lining

Oh right, it had 35 profile when i got it, seems ok to me, though i havent tried anything else so im not sure what to expect if i changed to 40 profile?
Any good places anyone knows to buy tyres from? and advice on what ones to go for?

The correct tyre size for an a3/S3 on 18" wheels is 225/40/18 this would offer more protection than your current 35 profile tyre. If you want a good tyre for road and track use that doesnt cost a fortune id go for some Yokohama Parada spec 2's mate.

Nice they sound good, any other opinions? i thought the pzeros were great but for the price i leave my options over rather spend a little less if im honest especially if theres little difference in performance!
Any good websites to get them ordered or am i better off going down kwickfit?

i used blackcircles and got Eagle F1 GSD3, they do either delivered or fitted/balanced etc at a fitter local to you. they were pretty good. I like the tyres too, really good grip in the dry and pretty good in the wet.