UK and RoW folks: ASPHERICAL DRIVER SIDE Mirror Question

BodegaBay

Reaction score
US mkt S3 8V here. It's strange that I've not seen any US retailers offering aspherical DRIVER SIDE mirrors that RoW folks gets. Before I purchase one from eBay, anything I should know about aftermarket vs OEM units? I know some of the Golf guys said the convex outter portion didnt look quite right vs. OEM VW units. Wanted to hear what UK owners had experience with. Thx.

f77e5fdfba68c823391b243309beadf4.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't realize the mirrors with lines were the a spherical. Have on my passenger side, need it more on the driver, however the mirrors i have on my US spec car are for LHD.

As for what to look for, just make sure they have the same option (heated mirror, etc) as what you want to replace.

Mind posting a link to where your finding if a good deal and for driver side US cars?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hi there, conversely I recently damaged my drivers side (RIGHT hand) mirror here in the UK and one of the used replacements I bought to try was US-spec. So I now have the cool "Objects in mirror..." writing on the drivers glass. I didn't realise there were any other differences?

Didn't realize the mirrors with lines were the a spherical. Have on my passenger side, need it more on the driver, however the mirrors i have on my US spec car are for LHD.

As for what to look for, just make sure they have the same option (heated mirror, etc) as what you want to replace.

Mind posting a link to where your finding if a good deal and for driver side US cars?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Hey RCN,

The outside portion of the line is convex, while the inner portion is just regular. I've had them before on my US spec GTI and Golf R and love them.

I don't believe there is a full aspherical convex DRIVER side mirror in ANY mkts.

I'll PM you the link.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcnacura
Here is a link for OEM Audi aspheric mirrors for purchasing in North America. They are for both left and right aspheric mirrors which the UK market does not get, only on the driver's side. I ordered from this company and had very good service and as a note my last 3 vehicles had aspheric on both mirrors and I would not like to drive a car without them. No need for annoying light/sound, blind assistance aids.

http://store.blackforestindustries.com/au8va3eublsp.html