Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Leo-RS

Reaction score
Placed my order for an RS3 saloon on Saturday through my dealer. I did manage to grab a discount on the car due to my brother in law working for Audi so the maths weren't too bad.

At the moment, my spec sheet is..

Catalunya Red
Supersports with red stitching
Black Pack/Mirrors
Gloss Black Alloys 19" (Very disappointed there's no 20" option)
Privacy Glass
Sports Exhaust
Folding/Dimming Mirrors

Likely to be added.. Comfort Pack when I find out what it consists of. I suspect B&O and some sort of parking feature. My dealer wasn't 100% sure as it gives them no further info what it consists of. I may also change the Sports exhaust in replacement for the Mag Ride as I suspect I'll eventually end up going aftermarket exhaust wise.

Colour is a tricky one, I'm not 100% sure on Catalunya, I need to see it up close and in real life I think before my order is locked down. I'm told it can look a bit orange in certain conditions. I may then change to Ara blue with the red callipers. (Red callipers on a Catalunya wouldn't suit it due to the different shades of red)

I have an order number and a delivery date Mid November.

Has anyone else ordered yet?

Catalunya Red with Black pack as I've ordered....

Audi-RS3-Sedan-4.jpg

Or swap it to Ara Blue with black pack? I already have a RS6 in Sepang hence why I fancied a different colour.

756d7e3a7185baf66c290382a22d754d

Reactions: NevMan and UAE
Just ordered my RS3 Saloon (Sedan) with delivery date for week 41 (Mid Oct) . Nardo Grey with Black Pack:

Spec:

Matrix LED
Sports Exhaust
Mag Ride
Styling Black Pack
Comfort Pack
Black Mirrors & Folding Mirrors
Privacy Glass
Front Super sport seats
Aluminium trim inlays
Red calliper

Ordered car with standard 5 Arm Wheels which will get painted in gloss black.

Comfort Pack = Advance Key + Hold Assist + Reversing Camera + B&O Sound System

Reactions: NevMan and dno_uk
You need the sports exhaust, the changes aren't just the exhaust but the mapping too which changes the frequency of any pops and bangs.

Reactions: NevMan
Considering an order.

Exclusive paint
Comfort Pack
Tyre pressure monitoring system
Matrix LED
Door mirrors dimming etc
Alum roof rails
Super sport seats
ext mono pur
Active side assist and lane assist
Pre sense basic
Driver assistance pack
extended and predictive pedestrian assist
Mag ride
Ceramic brakes
rear side airbags

Spoke to Audi today. Price seems ok

Placed my order for an RS3 saloon on Saturday through my dealer. I did manage to grab a discount on the car due to my brother in law working for Audi so the maths weren't too bad.

Do you mind me asking what sort of % discount you managed to secure. Purely out of interest as i don't expect to get anything (Unfortunately Don't have family at Audi lol)

Considering an order.

Exclusive paint
Comfort Pack
Matrix LED
Door mirrors dimming etc
Alum roof rails
Super sport seats
ext mono pur
Pre sense basic
Driver assistance pack
Mag ride
Ceramic brakes
rear side airbags

No sports exhaust?!

Considering an order.

Exclusive paint
Comfort Pack
Matrix LED
Door mirrors dimming etc
Alum roof rails
Super sport seats
ext mono pur
Pre sense basic
Driver assistance pack
Mag ride
Ceramic brakes
rear side airbags

I wanted an exclusive colour, they want 20% deposit.. now I'm left picking a colour I don't really want!!

No sports exhaust as I am happy with the sound from the standard exhaust. Loud enough for me. Have not sorted out how much as a deposit. Was £1000 the last time but that was for a standard colour . I just don't like the standard colours. :smiley:

No sports exhaust as I am happy with the sound from the standard exhaust. Loud enough for me. Have not sorted out how much as a deposit. Was £1000 the last time but that was for a standard colour . I just don't like the standard colours. :smiley:

Well, be prepared for 20% deposit! £50k car? £10k to put down!!

I wanted an exclusive colour, they want 20% deposit.. now I'm left picking a colour I don't really want!!
I'm planning an exclusive colour. Why do they need a 20% deposit? Is it due to the exclusive colour or your purchasing method?

That's a nice proposed spec you have there Colin but you're keeping the look completely standard yes? No Black/Alu Pack, No Black/Titanium wheels/No Privacy/No Pan Roof/Sports Exhaust/No painted Calipers? Yours will be a very highly specced base standard looking car.

What exclusive colour are you looking at?

Am I reading that right, you're only going to put £1k deposit down on a £59k car? I dread to think what the monthlies would be on that but surely well over £1k pm with that margin of credit or is the £1k just a build deposit? I've never needed to put down a build deposit before, my dealership just order me one up.

Quote That's a nice proposed spec you have there Colin but you're keeping the look completely standard yes? No Black/Alu Pack, No Black/Titanium wheels/No Privacy/No Pan Roof/Sports Exhaust/No painted Calipers? Yours will be a very highly specced base standard looking car.

What exclusive colour are you looking at?

Am I reading that right, you're only going to put £1k deposit down on a £59k car? I dread to think what the monthlies would be on that but surely well over £1k pm with that margin of credit or is the £1k just a build deposit? I've never needed to put down a build deposit before, my dealership just order me one up.[/QUOTE]

Overall I like the standard look and the deep mica red goes well with the standard aluminium finish. The £1K is only a build deposit. I just hope they don't ask for a lot more as has been suggested. I am not going down the pcp route. Have not actually ordered yet as I am still pondering it over but will decide very soon if its what I want:relaxed:

Last edited:
Leo - any idea what they call the colour of the seating in the pictures of the Ara Blue S3 above. There are only tree options on the configurator and the "grey" looks far too dark. I am just wondering if its a special order colour?

Leo - any idea what they call the colour of the seating in the pictures of the Ara Blue S3 above. There are only tree options on the configurator and the "grey" looks far too dark. I am just wondering if its a special order colour?
Didn't realise you were Irish ;)

I have just been looking at the configurator for the S3 Sportback and much prefer the standard wheels on offer compared to the saloon
Upload 2017 6 27 16 33 13

Placed my order on Saturday. RS3 saloon in Ara blue. I have gone with the matt aluminium styling pack and gloss anthracite black wheels.

My options are
Driver assistance pack
Audi side assist
Matt aluminium styling pack
Privacy glass
Audi magnetic ride
Hill hold assist
Reversing camera
Electric folding mirrors
Sports exhaust

Just over £52k

Have been told it's a week 40 build. I am still unsure I should add super sport seats and also the red brake calipers. I think the blue and red contrast might not work. I did think about the black styling pack with the ara blue but have not seen enough images to really change my mind over the silver.

Reactions: Radman
I have been under the impression that there are no individual colours available to order. Can anyone confirm otherwise

Thanks

Placed my order on Saturday. RS3 saloon in Ara blue. I have gone with the matt aluminium styling pack and gloss anthracite black wheels.

My options are
Driver assistance pack
Audi side assist
Privacy glass
Audi magnetic ride
Hill hold assist
Reversing camera
Electric folding mirrors
Sports exhaust

Just over £52k

Have been told it's a week 40 build. I am still unsure I should add super sport seats and also the red brake calipers. I think the blue and red contrast might not work. I did think about the black styling pack with the ara blue but have not seen enough images to really change my mind over the silver.
52k....jeez

My options are
Driver assistance pack
Audi side assist
Privacy glass
Audi magnetic ride
Hill hold assist
Reversing camera
Electric folding mirrors
Sports exhaust

Just over £52k

Seems like a bargain for us up here in the north :). Yes, red and blue is definetly not a good match. Both silver and black looks good on a blue car so either way? I have not super sport seats and I can't say I missing them.

Reactions: Enbarr
52k....jeez

Considering the car is £45,200 / £46k with paint, I think a spec of around £52k is likely to be around the norm for this car. It's not unusual to add £5k or even more to the options list on an Audi S/RS model.

anyone got a discount?

Yes, I got a good discount on the car even after Audi UK sending a memo out to their dealer network to limit discounts. My discount comes through my Brother in Law working at my local dealership though. I don't really want to state the % amount but I consider it a good discount on a brand new model car, he's given me as much off as he could get away with giving me.

Seems like a bargain for us up here in the north :). Yes, red and blue is definetly not a good match. Both silver and black looks good on a blue car so either way? I have not super sport seats and I can't say I missing them.

I think the red callipers against Ara look nice personally. I spotted an Ara blue TTS in the dealers when I was in ordering the car and the contrast looked nice. Blue and red definitely do go (In my eyes anyway) especially with the black gloss wheels.

Have a look at this vid here of another Ara TTS with red callipers... (Altho don't like the red interior with it)

As for the Supersports, I would say that these should be standard in an Audi RS car. They are on every other model RS but in the RS3, it's the basic bog standard S-Line/S type leather seats that you see in A series cars everywhere. For that reason, the Supersports was the highest priority and first option box ticked on my order form. I'm actually annoyed that Audi have made this an option, they should be standard spec. Everyone has different views and priorities though which is all good, it's personal and makes all the cars different.

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and RS3 S.

At the moment, my spec sheet is..

Catalunya Red
Black Pack/Mirrors
Privacy Glass
Sports Exhaust
Folding/Dimming Mirrors

Likely to be added.. Comfort Pack when I find out what it consists of. I suspect B&O and some sort of parking feature. My dealer wasn't 100% sure as it gives them no further info what it consists of. I may also change the Sports exhaust in replacement for the Mag Ride as I suspect I'll eventually end up going aftermarket exhaust wise.

Colour is a tricky one, I'm not 100% sure on Catalunya, I need to see it up close and in real life I think before my order is locked down. I'm told it can look a bit orange in certain conditions. I may then change to Ara blue with the red callipers. (Red callipers on a Catalunya wouldn't suit it due to the different shades of red)

I have an order number and a delivery date Mid November.

Has anyone else ordered yet?

My spec was changed last night and is now...

Ara Blue
Black Pack/Mirrors
Red Callipers
Privacy Glass
Comfort Pack
Mag Ride
Folding/Dimming Mirrors

Swapped Catalunya Red for Ara Blue, added in the red callipers and comfort pack and swapped the sports exhaust for mag ride. The reason for the exhaust change to mag ride is I will go down the aftermarket exhaust path within the first few months. Therefore, it negates the need for Audi sports exhaust.

The now only reservation is the wheels, I'm disappointed there is no 20" option so I may just opt for the bog standard no cost silver wheels and purchase a set of 20" Audi OEM wheels elsewhere. Swap them over before I take delivery and sell on my brand new 19" wheels/tyres to recoup the cost of the 20's

I'm planning an exclusive colour. Why do they need a 20% deposit? Is it due to the exclusive colour or your purchasing method?

Due to an exclusive colour, they said they have had a few exclusive cars turn up wrong so take a larger deposit. God knows why, because if I reject the car I get my deposit back anyway.

They said it's either 20% of the final price or the total cost of all options including exclusive options.... whichever is greater.

My spec was changed last night and is now...

Ara Blue
Black Pack/Mirrors
Red Callipers
Privacy Glass
Comfort Pack
Mag Ride
Folding/Dimming Mirrors

Swapped Catalunya Red for Ara Blue, added in the red callipers and comfort pack and swapped the sports exhaust for mag ride. The reason for the exhaust change to mag ride is I will go down the aftermarket exhaust path within the first few months. Therefore, it negates the need for Audi sports exhaust.

The now only reservation is the wheels, I'm disappointed there is no 20" option so I may just opt for the bog standard no cost silver wheels and purchase a set of 20" Audi OEM wheels elsewhere. Swap them over before I take delivery and sell on my brand new 19" wheels/tyres to recoup the cost of the 20's

Keep in mind the sports exhaust also changes the mapping for the pops and bangs, you can go aftermarket for more volume but you will have less pops until you go for a remap.

Confirmed my order last night. Wants a £5K deposit but are willing to talk about it. Now I just need a build date :smiley::smiley:

Holding deposit placed today, will be going into my dealer next week to confirm the spec. 95% sure on:

Matrix LED headlights
Gloss Black Styling Pack
19" 5-arm blade gloss black
TPMS
Black exterior mirror housings
Door mirror-dim/elec/fold/heat
Privacy Glass
RS sports exhaust system
Front Super Sport seat
Bang & Olufsen sound system

Floret silver or Panther black

Unsure on:
RS Design Pack vs Ext mono/pur interior finish
Mag Ride
Red calipers

Holding deposit placed today, will be going into my dealer next week to confirm the spec. 95% sure on:

Matrix LED headlights
Gloss Black Styling Pack
19" 5-arm blade gloss black
TPMS
Black exterior mirror housings
Door mirror-dim/elec/fold/heat
Privacy Glass
RS sports exhaust system
Front Super Sport seat
Bang & Olufsen sound system

Floret silver or Panther black

Unsure on:
RS Design Pack vs Ext mono/pur interior finish
Mag Ride
Red calipers

I am not sure Audi will let you order Panther black and the black pack together. They don't on other Audi RS models

Edit, just checked, yep as I thought, they don't let you order Panther with black pack, you have to remove black pack or change colour. Forces you to go Floret silver which I suspect will suit the RS3 saloon very well. I'd imagine it being rare too.

Last edited:
I am not sure Audi will let you order Panther black and the black pack together. They don't on other Audi RS models
Ah I did see that in the configurator actually, that is a weird one. Maybe matte alu pack then? Definitely BSP with Floret though. I was looking at a custom colour but the increased initial deposit is putting me off.

I think it looks great with the Alu pack from the rear but a little fussy with it at the front.. (May just me though) but it does look nice in black.

IMG 7843

IMG 7814

Edit, just checked, yep as I thought, they don't let you order Panther with black pack, you have to remove black pack or change colour. Forces you to go Floret silver which I suspect will suit the RS3 saloon very well. I'd imagine it being rare too.
Why is that?! My Pre-FL is Panther with black styling pack. Surely you can order what you like if you're willing to pay for it... Audi never ceases to amaze (disappoint) me.

On the configurator it's greyed out and you cannot select them together. It was the same when I specced up my RS6, I thought the configurator was wrong but when I enquired about the Panther and black pack together I was told for the UK market this wasn't possible and the only option was to opt for the carbon pack if I wanted to have that look. I then opted for Sepang with black pack. It is the exact same for the Audi RS7 too.

If you have the Panther and black styling pack on your Pre-FL RS3 then perhaps there isn't this same restriction on the RS3. However, playing with the new configurator for the facelift cars, it makes you change your choices if you have Panther and black pack together.

Yes, strange one.

On the configurator it's greyed out and you cannot select them together. It was the same when I specced up my RS6, I thought the configurator was wrong but when I enquired about the Panther and black pack together I was told for the UK market this wasn't possible and the only option was to opt for the carbon pack if I wanted to have that look. I then opted for Sepang with black pack. It is the exact same for the Audi RS7 too.

If you have the Panther and black styling pack on your Pre-FL RS3 then perhaps there isn't this same restriction on the RS3. However, playing with the new configurator for the facelift cars, it makes you change your choices if you have Panther and black pack together.

Yes, strange one.
I'll take your word for it that you're correct, it does just seem odd!

However, if it means my RS3 colour/styling combo of Panther/black styling pack is even rarer, then I'm all for that! ;)

Due to an exclusive colour, they said they have had a few exclusive cars turn up wrong so take a larger deposit. God knows why, because if I reject the car I get my deposit back anyway.

They said it's either 20% of the final price or the total cost of all options including exclusive options.... whichever is greater.

They do ask for a larger deposit, but if you hold your ground, you should be fine with £1000 which I was when I ordered.