Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Nope, I've learnt my lesson and Nutta has been silenced for unnecessary postings ;)

I figure one picture before prep and 3 after is about enough (front, rear and interior) ;)

haha the more the better form me mate... like to see as much as possible

Reactions: AudiNutta
Just added Ali race inlays to my order,they look great as they light up on all 4 doors

An Audi account on Instagram

Came across this but not the same car as this is the saloon obv.. colour same perhaps?

Nope that’s the same one :D Close to tell but the rear quarter lights give it away. Foreign specs can choose between wheels.

Wow that colour....... :O :O Wow.

What Instagram account please? :D

Reactions: ice_cube99
Nope that’s the same one :D Close to tell but the rear quarter lights give it away. Foreign specs can choose between wheels.

Wow that colour....... :O :O Wow.

What Instagram account please? :D

Ah, I get you. quattro_fanatic I think it is. Was only them two. Think he thinks it’s noggy as that was the tag I came across it in. But it’s clearly not that..

I think the rotors suit the sportback so much better! It would look a lot better with them...imo

Ah, I get you. quattro_fanatic I think it is. Was only them two. Think he thinks it’s noggy as that was the tag I came across it in. But it’s clearly not that..

I think the rotors suit the sportback so much better! It would look a lot better with them...imo

Found it, thank you!!

It’s definirely not Nogaro, it’s a whole world of blues apart.

I hope I made the right choice with the aluminium pack, I’m not a black edition fan on many cars but it looks great there.

Reactions: ice_cube99
My build week has been brought forward by a week from 29th jan to 22nd jan

Picked mine up last week - Just had a new car detail from the guys at Staffordshire Car Car. Great bunch of dudes. Sorted the car right out, even though it had some light scratches and defects from Audi..the *******!

https://www.facebook.com/Staffordshirecarcare/

Reactions: neg
It ****** me off that you have to loose a load of microns of clear coat just to correct poor prep from the dealer. Depending on paint depth this has significantly shortened the lifespan of the clearcoat plus the additional cost of the detail. Simply not acceptable IMO.

Just watched that video - if that is your car, the detailing is superb. Really top job.

Reactions: AudiNutta and JibThis
It ****** me off that you have to loose a load of microns of clear coat just to correct poor prep from the dealer. Depending on paint depth this has significantly shortened the lifespan of the clearcoat plus the additional cost of the detail. Simply not acceptable IMO.

The dealer didn't touch it. It came form the factory like it. Scratches around door handles, on the sills from footwear getting in and out of the car, scratches where the protection had been removed and some contamination on the roof from **** knows what. Apparently quite a few come in like this. If you pick up your car form the dealer and it looks pretty then someone has already covered up/fixed these issues...at least this way i know they were done correctly. I did hit my dealer with the comments...put it like this, they blamed me/could not see how these defects were on the car before i took collection.

The crap on the flat surfaces I can understand - just imagine all of the fallout as it sits outside the factory, in transit on the train and in the port. Scratching where the plastic is removed is all down to the dealer. I am going to pick mine up with the transit protection in place and remove it together with the dealer. Then off for the AWG to be fitted and then to be detailed (probably by me as I have all of the necessary kit provided there are no horrific snags).

Yeah i guess the dealer did touch the plastics...should have had them keep them on. Monkeys!

And go to the dealer on collection (having told them beforehand) armed with a sun lamp if you have one or a really good torch and properly check every inch of the paint as they will try to fob you off with a YTS detail if not.

Reactions: Evotion
I got to have a sneaky look around a dealerships depot where it had hundreds of cars stored for delivery and ready for prepping. There were dozens of RS models and plenty of RS3's, one of which (a boggo spec Daytona one) had a horrific gouge in the bonnet. No idea how but metal on metal, clearly, and definitely a new bonnet needed. All of them had thick abrasive type dust on them and various little marks. A real eye opener. These new cars awaiting delivery are not stored in hermetically sealed cases...quite the opposite!

Another Auditography video on FL RS3 Saloon. This time in the Alps.

Reactions: Evotion and MoKha
I finally now have a build week also of Week 4 - 22nd Jan.

But seeing as I can’t imagine I can afford my deposit until April it will end up sitting at the dealer at least a month I imagine.

I actually would love it to be delayed...

25a37187635a0579aaac71908e145179.jpg

Interesting that the car in the video has the standard wheels; no titanium or black surround.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evotion, royalsteve68 and AudiNutta
I got to have a sneaky look around a dealerships depot where it had hundreds of cars stored for delivery and ready for prepping. There were dozens of RS models and plenty of RS3's, one of which (a boggo spec Daytona one) had a horrific gouge in the bonnet. No idea how but metal on metal, clearly, and definitely a new bonnet needed. All of them had thick abrasive type dust on them and various little marks. A real eye opener. These new cars awaiting delivery are not stored in hermetically sealed cases...quite the opposite!

Mine is going to the compound before my dealer, although the dealer are PDI’ing it to have full control of how it’s driven.

I’m trying to get them to let me visit the compound, they aren’t giving in.

Mine is going to the compound before my dealer, although the dealer are PDI’ing it to have full control of how it’s driven.

I’m trying to get them to let me visit the compound, they aren’t giving in.
I was amazed they let me in. I even got to take mine inside where we could have a rev off, PFL vs FL.

I was amazed they let me in. I even got to take mine inside where we could have a rev off, PFL vs FL.

Wow lucky you! Once my car is there I will keep nagging, if it’s going to be at the dealer next day I’m not bothered but I can’t wait a few days haha.

I know where the compound is after some research online, it’s not even secure.. turn up and walk in, but I wouldn’t do it without permission as I don’t want to rock the boat.

Yesterday I received an email from Audi Spain welcoming me to Audi. My dealer says car is expected late December/early January but Audi Customer Service says the expected build week is the 8. Damn! I though it was closer than it actually is...

Typical, someone looks round my car - only negative thing they could find was the glovebox light isnt an LED one! Soon sorted that :relieved:

Reactions: AudiNutta, T-800 and FBF01
Well deposit has been given over RS ordered.
Spec is:

Glacier White Saloon
Black wheels
Advance key
Audi phone box and wireless charging
Bang + Olufsen
Carbon inlays
Comfort and Sound pack
RS design pack
Pan roof
Sports seats
High gloss pack
Black mirrors
Matrix headlights
174mph limiter
Privacy glass
Red brake calipers
Reversing camera
Tyre pressure monitor
Sports exhaust
Sports suspension with mag ride
Hill hold
Door mirror folding

Looking some time after March lol just need to pick a 18reg now.
Bought from Preston and managed to get 4% discount probably could of got more from somewhere else but with it being local I decided to just order it.
Just need to find some better wheels!!!!!! Any ideas? and Secondary Cat bypass pipes now.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Well deposit has been given over RS ordered.
Spec is:

Glacier White Saloon
Black wheels
Advance key
Audi phone box and wireless charging
Bang + Olufsen
Carbon inlays
Comfort and Sound pack
RS design pack
Pan roof
Sports seats
High gloss pack
Black mirrors
Matrix headlights
174mph limiter
Privacy glass
Red brake calipers
Reversing camera
Tyre pressure monitor
Sports exhaust
Sports suspension with mag ride
Hill hold
Door mirror folding

Looking some time after March lol just need to pick a 18reg now.
Bought from Preston and managed to get 4% discount probably could of got more from somewhere else but with it being local I decided to just order it.
Just need to find some better wheels!!!!!! Any ideas? and Secondary Cat bypass pipes now.

Why the 174mph limiter??

Nice spec, it will be very classy in Glacier.

Some good news for you, the FL doesnt have secondary cats.. bypass pipes are already fitted.

Why the 174mph limiter??

Nice spec, it will be very classy in Glacier.

Some good news for you, the FL doesnt have secondary cats.. bypass pipes are already fitted.

Well that saved me some pennies
174 limiter cos I might be doing another trip in Europe next year with tuned GTR’s so I’ll need the higher top speed, it wouldn’t be an issue if I was remapping it but I’m trying to keep it standard to not void warranty. I’m only keeping 2-3 years so I’ll prob just use a tuning box but that won’t change the top speed.

174 limiter cos I might be doing another trip in Europe next year with tuned GTR’s so I’ll need the higher top speed, it wouldn’t be an issue if I was remapping it but I’m trying to keep it standard to not void warranty. I’m only keeping 2-3 years so I’ll prob just use a tuning box but that won’t change the top speed.

Glad I helped, yes from my personal experience and others on here including an Audi tech the UK cars don’t have them. Only a few select markets do, Audi also supply the pipes now too.

That sounds good, you will be having the perfect car to do it with. You can get a damn good map for less than the £1,600, but like you said if you want to retain warranty then you don’t have much of a choice. £1,600 for a software tweak is criminal.

But worth noting, the PFL will get past the limited in 6th. A mate did 187mph in 6th in his RS3, so it’s easy to pass the limiter.

The rumour is that the standard car bypasses the limiter in 6th eg the limiter is just 7th gear! Perhaps save that sum too and just keep it in 6th ;)

TX.

Edit - as AN says :eek:

Reactions: Evotion
Glad I helped, yes from my personal experience and others on here including an Audi tech the UK cars don’t have them. Only a few select markets do, Audi also supply the pipes now too.

That sounds good, you will be having the perfect car to do it with. You can get a damn good map for less than the £1,600, but like you said if you want to retain warranty then you don’t have much of a choice. £1,600 for a software tweak is criminal.

But worth noting, the PFL will get past the limited in 6th. A mate did 187mph in 6th in his RS3, so it’s easy to pass the limiter.
No way will a standard RS3 do 187mph. Must have been mapped?

Yes Stage 1, 440hp.

Stage 1 map removes the limiter anyway doesn't it?

But I have been told that 6th gear will bypass it, been told by a mate who works at Audi, never actually tried it though.

So who want to try it then on a private road of course so what is top speed in 6th?

So who want to try it then on a private road of course so what is top speed in 6th?

Think it’s a bit of a myth, there’s defo a limiter although it is set higher than the 155/174 Audi tells us it they will do.

I had an S3 8V a few years back with a tuning box and it topped out at 162mph and hit a nasty limiter. The car had more to go but was like a fuel cut took over. Tuning boxes will get you to the limiter quicker but yes won’t remove them.

RS6 was the same as were my previous 2 TTRS, all topped out somewhere in the higher 160’s, not the 155. They were all soon mapped to remove.

Couldn’t tell you in the RS3, not went on a top end run yet but would think it would be similar. Don’t mind occasionally ragging the car during its run in period but won’t take it to high revs in a high hear until it’s properly bedded in.

I hear the same for the 174 limiters on the RS6, some pushing them well into the 180’s on the standard map but definite limiters stopping them going further.

The limiter definitely kicks in at 155 on our C63 in 7th gear, however it'll go way through this in 6th. Doesn't surprise me that the same applies in the RS3