UKMKIVS.net converts

marms

Reaction score
Since joining here when I bought my car in January I have become increasingly aware of how many members on here are the same old names I used to see on ukmkivs.net.

Looks like a lot of people think the Audi is a logical next step from the VW Golf/Bora.

Also, interesting to see most kept their original usernames.

I changed mine so you have no idea who I was in a former life.

I will say that the Audi A3 2.0TDi Sline Sportback will have to be a very good car to compete with my old Mk4 Golf GTi. Superb car and i enjoyed every minute of ownership. Only changed because it was 8 years old.

marms said:
Looks like a lot of people think the Audi is a logical next step from the VW Golf/Bora.

I think that is the way most vw owners go. But i would say that the Audi is a better car, hasn't given me any trouble, in fact my old GTI cost me more to keep running. :yes:

Yep there's a lot of us from UK-MKIVs on here.

I always use the same username so you can guess who I am on there :)

I ran my A3 for 2 years and really enjoyed but have recently swapped it for a beamer.

the ladder of progression is

vw
audi
porshce
audi rs
then a nice volvo! ;-)

either that too many forum whores!

I use it as another engine info resource. Can never have too many!!

marms said:
Not keen on porshce andyone mind if I skip a level?

:wtf:

:busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop:

Used to be on mkiv's a quite a bit when I had my Golf PD130... Now mostly here, TT forum and E60.net. MKiV's is good resource for Vag Com info. I found that over the years the noise to info ratio increased a lot, but thats what happens with 15k users I guess. And the search on that site is still poor.

Snap!! Same here, used to be on the old uk-mkivs.net quite a bit. Had the old golf pd 130 which I still miss!! Spent a fair bit on it and then decided I needed to go petrol again!! i still go back on there to check things out though:icon_thumright:

I was on there with my MKV now moved over here with the same user name!

Yep I was on their with my Bora
ianvrt-Bora.jpg