Ultra or no

Pork

Reaction score
Hi,
So after leaving a deposit with the dealer for nearly three months while I waited for the release of the black styling pack, I finally got an order number for build. (For those of you still holding out for the BSP - good news! Having just ordered a car without it, I'm positive the BSP will be released in around a week or so!)
Now, although I didn't spec it - the dealer has ordered an Ultra. Does anyone know what the actual factual difference is other than top speed and co2 level.
In other words, who would specifically want either and why?

I came here to post literally the same question. Dealer has ordered the 2.0tdi 190 ultra on 18" wheels when I didn't specify the ultra variant.

Really can't see much difference in performance or economy other than what Pork posted above.

Any info as to why they've done this would be great. Save a phone call to the dealer again!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2bf13628ac8c69958a2b4f402501ffbe.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, team mythos,
Something else weird, although it's not possible to spec 19" wheels on the configurator with the ultra, my order has them??

Last edited:
Reactions: mjcourtney
Hmmmm. Maybe this is a 'lost in translation' issue. They call their models slightly different things in Germany. It may be a UK standard edition but classes as a German Ultra edition?

Just guessing. Ive emailed my dealer now for clarification.

I had the same with my order. The dealer spec'd the 190 Ultra. When I asked why he said the Ultra is for company car drivers. The figures keep it in a lower tax bracket. The Ultra model has the lowered suspension which is why it can't be ordered with the 19 inch wheels. They need the raised suspension. The lower suspension is one of the factors that affect the efficiency figuressomit takes it out of the Ultra figures.

I don't think it's a translation thing as the emissions figures and top speed on myAudi match the Ultra.
I just wish I had a definitive answer as mine has 19" wheels so the suspension thing doesn't make sense either - and I've specced sports adaptive susp too.
At the end of the day, I don't think you'll simply get lower emissions without loosing out somewhere else?

Ok, so spoke to the dealer today and he confirmed the order was for a non-ultra despite what it said on myAudi.

Good to know. My dealer hasn't got back to me yet but will hopefully say the same thing

I posted up something similar before. The ultra has lower towing weight too. At least on the Avant version, it shows urban as lower mpg than non-ultra but higher mpg for extra urban. I can't imagine it's a different gear box so must just be tuning?

Also as far as the Avant version goes off 190 ultra, CO2 is dropped by 1g but doesn't change the BIK bracket for company car drivers so actually seems pointless.

I really don't get it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I posted up something similar before. The ultra has lower towing weight too. At least on the Avant version, it shows urban as lower mpg than non-ultra but higher mpg for extra urban. I can't imagine it's a different gear box so must just be tuning?

Also as far as the Avant version goes off 190 ultra, CO2 is dropped by 1g but doesn't change the BIK bracket for company car drivers so actually seems pointless.

I really don't get it!

Hope towing weight isn't too much lower - I have 750kg trailer I use frequently!

Just had a look at the current brochure online. Regardless of saloon/avant or 150/190 it's 750 unbraked across the board. 12%/8% gradient is 1400/1600 for ultra and 1700/1900 non-ultra again regardless of saloon/avant or 150/190.

If I'm honest I don't really have much idea about what all these figures mean!

Also I wonder if there is a genuine difference or they just need to stipulate these to achieve the lower emissions?..

I would think the gearbox is different, the top speeds of the two models isn't the same

That could easily be limited though, again maybe just to achieve emissions?

No, I finally accepted that I wouldn't get it so ordered anyway - spoke to AUK and dealer contacted his guy in sales, both said no date was available. The dealer has been great actually, even searched the option of ordering and fitting grill at the dealership but as you have found, its on back order. He said parts that are for vehicle off road (VOR) urgency are rushed through and the grill was not available to order as VOR parts (basically meaning there weren't any available anywhere in Europe)

Yeah sounds about right. My dealer has offered to fit the Grille when available.

In the meantime, I'm considering getting the chrome window surrounds wrapped.

TBH, I'm over it now - I'm trying not to let it spoil the new car experience.
I really wanted it factory if you know what I mean, however it looks when wrapped I'll always know it's not quite right.
That said I'd be interested to see the results if someone does get it done - I kind of have a thing for the finish on the RS3 at the mo - sort of brushed/matt stainless, so might look into that...
Build date in October though (unhappy face)

I happen to like the chrome bits myself and feel black trim to be look either cheap or that I can't be bothered to clean the car properly. But then beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

I've just noticed that on myAudi (checked on the configurator and it's the same there) that the roof bars look black even though on the configurator there's no option to deselect aluminium?
Wonder if this is a mistake?

Never believe the illustrations the configurator shows, its known for its inaccuracy...

My dealer has now confirmed it's not an Ultra model. So it's a glitch with the online order tracker.

Reactions: Pork
Good news, any expectation that your build week will move forward? Mine is October 3rd :-(

No, in fact mine has changed from "is scheduled to be built 19th September" to this:

4ae211258b07aa8e20963d791b2bc1e1.jpg

So hopefully should start build next week. Wonder why yours has been delayed?

That's different to the view on yourAudi, where do you get that page from?

I think it's the difference between viewing myAudi on a phone or on a computer