Unable to switch off start up message in MMI

psychopomp1

Reaction score
My A6 was in the dealers yesterday to get the rattling dashboard/trim fixed and whilst it was there, they also updated the MMI software (it stated this on the job sheet). However I'm now getting this message every time I start the car, it continues to appear even if i select 'Do Not Show Again' and I've also enabled privacy settings to 'on'. Is this a bug in the new software? Never had this issue before.
Cheers

This appeared out of nowhere a few weeks into ownership and has come and gone since. When it is showing it also persistently shows up on each restart regardless of option pressed.

Reactions: psychopomp1
Thanks MCarda, looks like a bug of some sort. Out of interest does your MMI have the same software version as mine - MH2p_ER_AUG33_P2711 ?
Cheers

Ah yes, this really wound me up for months. Then it mysteriously vanished. The idea that something this silly on a product this expensive would have passed testing... infuriating. Makes you wonder what other software howlers exist. Like claiming your drive system is shot after 2400 miles (see my post history).

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I had this issue previously and managed to get rid of it but now can’t remember how I did it.

I've since reset the MMI so the message has returned and comes on every time the car is turned on and whichever of the three options I press it just won’t go away.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it please?

Last edited: