Under bonnet trim fixing help

AvantAlexB7

Reaction score
I aquired the right side engine bay trim that covers the washer bottle a while ago and it came with the required fixings too which was a bonus.

One of the bobbins replaces a fixing on the washer bottle and the other seems to have a bracket that screws to the front panel somewhere, however there is no pre drilled holes.

Could some one point me in the direction of the location of all the mounting points if poss?

Heres a couple of piccys that (i think) show where all the mounting should be.
20210321 141408

20210321 141424

Cheers Alex

I think you will find its becuase that cover isn't an option for your B7 platform Alex.

If i remember the front section that fitting normally afixes to is a different part and specific to a different model, hence the lack of fitting points .
Ask Norad as he did the same with the same issue, its a model specific fitment if you want it to fit correctly .

I think you will find its becuase that cover isn't an option for your B7 platform Alex.

If i remember the front section that fitting normally afixes to is a different part and specific to a different model, hence the lack of fitting points .
Ask Norad as he did the same with the same issue, its a model specific fitment if you want it to fit correctly .

Ah is it not? What platform is it for then Rob? I think those came from a 1.9 or 2.0 derv.

its one of those pesky fitment things that Audi are good at Alex, fits some variants but not all.

Pretty sure if you look at the parts schematic for the dervs etc it lists different parts relative to the covers.

I aquired the right side engine bay trim that covers the washer bottle a while ago and it came with the required fixings too which was a bonus.

One of the bobbins replaces a fixing on the washer bottle and the other seems to have a bracket that screws to the front panel somewhere, however there is no pre drilled holes.

Could some one point me in the direction of the location of all the mounting points if poss?

Heres a couple of piccys that (i think) show where all the mounting should be.
View attachment 233702
View attachment 233703
Cheers Alex
I have one too, I can't remember which model it's off pretty sure it is a B7 though, but not a 4.2 because of the different dipstick position.
I didn't get any fixings with mine and when placed in my engine bay didn't have a clue how it goes on. It doesn't fit at all well with the sealing rubber around the engine bay.
Luckily it was cheap.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
It seems i have the 30-35 part and it should be riveted to the front panel. A nice easy fix then I'd say, cheers Rob

Reactions: Charlie Farley
The lock carriers differ depending on variant Alex, hence the lack the mounting holes etc on yours.
Not a massive problem to overcome though.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
RS4 B7 has that cover and the mounting point.
here.
bottom right hand of pic.

It seems i have the 30-35 part and it should be riveted to the front panel. A nice easy fix then I'd say, cheers Rob
I have that cover, but still not fixed at at the front, when I asked about the mounting parts they were very over priced,
your better of making your own mount.

I have that cover, but still not fixed at at the front, when I asked about the mounting parts they were very over priced,
your better of making your own mount.

Yeah mines been sat in the hole for ages but thought seeing as i had the mounts, id fit it properly. The pic Rob posted of the 4.2 engine bay shows the little bracket i have riveted to the front panel so that is my plan i think