Unexpected things you have discovered about the B9

hmy7k

Reaction score
Website
www.svarre.co.uk
Thought it might be useful to start a thread about features of the B9 model that you have discovered you weren't expecting to find.

So to kick things off; today I was using adaptive cruise on a journey through rural Shropshire and Worcestershire. I normally only use it on the motorway. As I was in a long stream of traffic I thought I would give it a go. It worked really well but what really surprised me was that as well as following speed limits through villages the system also brakes for corners (even when not following a car). I presume its using the navigational data for this but its incredibly reliable in getting the speed right even for sharp corners.

Reactions: scotty76 and iambu
Noticed that if you go into manual mode by using the paddles on the S-tronic; then pulling the back on the gear lever moves back to the auto mode. If you were in D before you went to manual pulling back on the gear lever goes back to D. It doesn't change to S like you might expect.

Reactions: basegreen
Found out the rear headrests can't be removed.. Or am I just not trying hard enough ?!

Found out the rear headrests can't be removed.. Or am I just not trying hard enough ?!

I've not tried to remove them, but I'm guessing you are pushing in the little button to raise/lower them?

I've not tried to remove them, but I'm guessing you are pushing in the little button to raise/lower them?

Yes pushing in the button and lifting up but they only extend so far , they must be fixed.

Think from memory, you use the key inside the fob to remove them, it's in the manual

Thanks Phil, I finally consulted the manual and you are 100% correct, you need to use the key.

Reactions: iambu and Phil73