Unfolding mirror fault

cogilviedavidson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having an intermittent but annoying issue on my 2015 C7 facelift A7. Every so often the driver's door mirror won't unfold when I turn on the ignition and start the vehicle. It will however unfold when I use the door switch to fold in and then unfold the mirrors. That has eliminated a motor issue in my mind.

I have tried leaving the mirror switch in the middle on the 'heated' setting' as I initially wondered if leaving it on the driver's mirror setting was confusing the car, but it still occasionally does it. I don't like leaving it on the passenger side as then the mirror tilts in reverse, and I do not like that setting as I rarely park by a kerb.

I have also tried turning off the mirror folding and re-enabling the feature in the MMI after a day or so in an attempt to 'reset' the system. I have also tried the manual override for cold weather where you turn the toggle the folded mirrors switch when the door is open and then even when locked they do not fold. Nothing seems to get rid of this intermittent fault that also seems to have no correlation to weather.

I suspect it may be an indication that I need a new battery, but as I have had no other indications of a low battery I am reluctant to spend £200 to test that theory. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas or experience with this issue?

I have the same issue on my A7 2014. Happens every so often. More in the winter I’d say. And normally always the drivers side. But last time it happened was the passenger side. No idea what’s up with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same issue on my A7 2014. Happens every so often. More in the winter I’d say. And normally always the drivers side. But last time it happened was the passenger side. No idea what’s up with it.

Thanks for your reply, we seem to have exactly the same spec of car! I take a little bit of comfort in that I'm not alone - and yes I concur that it is now happening more in the winter. It must be a bug in the software. I will keep testing variables and see if I can notice a pattern. I've tested various things like whether I plug my phone in before I start the car has an impact, mirror switch position, length of press on the start button and others, but can't see a pattern as yet. I'm part tempted to use Carista to disable the folding feature by coding the software and re-enable it to see if that flushes out any bugs.

Reactions: Bishop187
Let me know if u find out what the issues is

I have this issue with my 12MY A7, always the passengers side though?! Completely random when it happens and I cannot figure out why. I have also tried the multiple settings on the mirror switch but to no avail.

I have this issue with my 12MY A7, always the passengers side though?! Completely random when it happens and I cannot figure out why. I have also tried the multiple settings on the mirror switch but to no avail.
What a nightmare - seems I may never solve it. Sounding more and more like a bug in the software... Thanks for your input!

Reactions: Eric_RS6